Technology: General Discussion

65GB in a matter of seconds? Yeah, that's fucking impressive! What SSD did you get?

The best example of 1080p vs 4K difference I've seen ever.

muabu11.png

Keep reading everywhere ChatGPT is going to take over Google. Would be a big W for Microsoft.
Definitely still need to read up about this a bit though.

Keep reading everywhere ChatGPT is going to take over Google. Would be a big W for Microsoft.
Definitely still need to read up about this a bit though.
And at the same time I keep reading stuff about how it's making silly mistakes and fucking up very simple things. Is that pure copium?

IDK, I don't think it'll come fer urr jerbs just yet, but in 20 years? Well, it'll be interesting.

And at the same time I keep reading stuff about how it's making silly mistakes and fucking up very simple things. Is that pure copium?

IDK, I don't think it'll come fer urr jerbs just yet, but in 20 years? Well, it'll be interesting.
M$ is buying it for 10 BILLION. I believe it'll be sooner than 20 years. Maybe half.

M$ is buying it for 10 BILLION. I believe it'll be sooner than 20 years. Maybe half.
I mean, M$ also tried making VR a thing with the HoloLens. It was announced in 2015 as "the future", but went kinda... nowhere.

You wanna know the real bullshit? They link the multiple accounts thing to higher stream quality. You want to stream in 4k? Well, you're stuck with the biggest price.

I have that Premium package. I got it to be able to stream in 4k, and then shared my password with my parents and my brother, they both fork over 5 bucks for it. Now that sharing our account is no longer possible, I figured "might downgrade, then. No need to pay €18/month if it's not needed". But, then you'd also lose 4k streaming...
I considered just dropping my account alltogether, but the GF still likes to binge series on there in the evening. So cancelling it is not gonna be a good option.

If they'd keep the 4k across all price levels, I would've dropped down. But now I'm stuck with the most expensive one.

You wanna know the real bullshit? They link the multiple accounts thing to higher stream quality. You want to stream in 4k? Well, you're stuck with the biggest price.

I have that Premium package. I got it to be able to stream in 4k, and then shared my password with my parents and my brother, they both fork over 5 bucks for it. Now that sharing our account is no longer possible, I figured "might downgrade, then. No need to pay €18/month if it's not needed". But, then you'd also lose 4k streaming...
I considered just dropping my account alltogether, but the GF still likes to binge series on there in the evening. So cancelling it is not gonna be a good option.

If they'd keep the 4k across all price levels, I would've dropped down. But now I'm stuck with the most expensive one.
I'd just go full pirate if I were you.
Buy a shield, install plex and you're good to go.

I'd just go full pirate if I were you.
Buy a shield, install plex and you're good to go.
I have a whole setup already. And I use it regularly, too. But the GF likes to browse and find "dumb" series, and it's a lot easier for her to just click down on Netflix until she finds something, than it is for her to tell me what she wants, and then to wait for me to download stuff for her.

I have a whole setup already. And I use it regularly, too. But the GF likes to browse and find "dumb" series, and it's a lot easier for her to just click down on Netflix until she finds something, than it is for her to tell me what she wants, and then to wait for me to download stuff for her.
Ah I see.. there really isn't a good pirate way for that. Unless.. IPTV might be interesting? But it's not on demand obviously.

Finally made use of one of the 970 PLUS M.2 SSD's I had lying around (from my old work laptop).
Unfortunately I had no more free M.2 spots in my desktop.
Fortunately you can just buy one of these if you have a free PCIEx4 slot.

9apXEpX.jpeg

And that's what I did. The SSD is working full speed through this adapter.
Sadly I only had one PCIEx4 slot free, the other one is a PCIEx1 one. So the other 1TB EVO PLUS M.2 SSD will be throttled, still faster than SATA, or not using it at all.

I'm also thinking about getting rid of my HDD, this way I'll only have SSDs in my build.

J49j801.png

People misinterpreting technology, what else is new?

ChatGPT is an amazing tool. But it's a text generator, not a search engine. It's a very (creepily) good text generator, but that's all that is. Something about monkeys and typewriters, except now the monkey is self aware enough to know which words fit together.

Back
Top Bottom