Technology: General Discussion

I have always used MPC-HC

mpv is great if you are into fine tuning and fiddling with config files but by default it should work really fine as well. I have used mpv multiple times too but I always end up installing MPC-HC :biggrin:
Honestly I don't feel like fiddling around too much. Just want the install and use experience. Will try MPC-HC!

Yup, exactly like that. Okay, case closed :biggrin: Thanks for the info!

This looks interesting.. curious to see if this will actually be tbat good when it launches, I’m not a huge Samsung fan.

"SPONSORED BY SAMSUNG DISPLAY"

Sorry Linus, but I'm gonna take everything in this video with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

"SPONSORED BY SAMSUNG DISPLAY"

Sorry Linus, but I'm gonna take everything in this video with a MASSIVE grain of salt.
They should have realized before uploading the video that this wasn't the best move surely?

So, since the Belgian government decided that the best way to stimulate local businesses is to give everyone a few hundred euro's worth of gift checks, that then are only accepted by large corporations because the red tape surrounding these things is too much for smaller stores to deal with, I managed to save up some extra spending cash that I need to get rid of.
GF already bought some hiking boots with them, and I already bought a new mouse. I finally stepped away from a full Corsair paraphernalia setup, and swapped out my M95. It's been a loyal servant for years, but the coating is disintegrating, and the scroll wheel is acting funky. So, I got a new Logitech G502. I'm happy with it, if only for the scroll wheel unlock button. The software is pretty neat as well, auto-switching to different profiles based on what game I'm playing.

But, I still have some money to burn. I've been hesitating between upgrading either my screens or my old keyboard. The problem with the keyboard is that I can't use those gift checks, since they're only allowed in physical stores, and they only (usually) carry AZERTY layouts. The problem with screens is that I have to buy two of them, because my OCD can't handle looking at 2 different screens.

Any recommendations for either? I've been looking at the G413, to complete the switch from Corsair to Logitech - and it's nice and simple. As for screens... I have no idea. 1080p is good enough, as I'm afraid any higher will just melt my GPU, but I do want some without a bevel. Can anyone with a 144Hz screen tell me if it's worth switching over from a basic 60Hz one?

So, since the Belgian government decided that the best way to stimulate local businesses is to give everyone a few hundred euro's worth of gift checks, that then are only accepted by large corporations because the red tape surrounding these things is too much for smaller stores to deal with, I managed to save up some extra spending cash that I need to get rid of.
GF already bought some hiking boots with them, and I already bought a new mouse. I finally stepped away from a full Corsair paraphernalia setup, and swapped out my M95. It's been a loyal servant for years, but the coating is disintegrating, and the scroll wheel is acting funky. So, I got a new Logitech G502. I'm happy with it, if only for the scroll wheel unlock button. The software is pretty neat as well, auto-switching to different profiles based on what game I'm playing.

But, I still have some money to burn. I've been hesitating between upgrading either my screens or my old keyboard. The problem with the keyboard is that I can't use those gift checks, since they're only allowed in physical stores, and they only (usually) carry AZERTY layouts. The problem with screens is that I have to buy two of them, because my OCD can't handle looking at 2 different screens.

Any recommendations for either? I've been looking at the G413, to complete the switch from Corsair to Logitech - and it's nice and simple. As for screens... I have no idea. 1080p is good enough, as I'm afraid any higher will just melt my GPU, but I do want some without a bevel. Can anyone with a 144Hz screen tell me if it's worth switching over from a basic 60Hz one?
My work mouse (I got to choose them myself for the entire company) are Logitech M500S's. They also have that scroll wheel lock :biggrin: Although I have to admit I rarely use the scroll wheel "unlocked".

Would definitely go for the screens. Regarding resolution: I wouldn't go higher than 2560p. 4K is just too demanding. (which is the mistake I made 2 years ago)
How about an ultrawide 1080p 144hz screen?

Ah finally some good news.

rwin9t9bnkg81.jpg

LTT posted a video about Samsung's new display, this time not sponsored :biggrin:

Definitely sounds very promising

Back
Top Bottom