Essential / Interesting YouTube channels

Stumbled upon a really cool construction channel. This guy builds dams, bridges,.. all in miniature. So satisfying to watch.

Daniel Trasher has a couple million subscribers, but I still barely heard from him until YouTube recommended him after a Gus Johnson sketch.

Sketch comedy, usually centering around piano and pianists. Most notably his "when you accidentaly write songs that already exist" sketches.

Thanks for the suggestion! Looks like he puts a ton of effort in this videos as well.

Just finished watching this two hour compilation of Impractical Jokers. Loved it.

Man the latest Ross video had me up in tears, talking specifically about the "Thieves training at gym" part. Just watch. :biggrin:

Loved the thieves training sketch, that's some great stuff.

IT RUNS! AFTER YEARS OF WAITING, IT FINALLY RUNS!

For context: these guys are rebuilding an old mini with a Celica GT-Four engine and drivetrain. It's a massive job, and the series has been going on for 8 years. And now, finally, they got the engine running!

Loved the thieves training sketch, that's some great stuff.

IT RUNS! AFTER YEARS OF WAITING, IT FINALLY RUNS!

For context: these guys are rebuilding an old mini with a Celica GT-Four engine and drivetrain. It's a massive job, and the series has been going on for 8 years. And now, finally, they got the engine running!

Love hobby projects like these. Though I myself have two left hands, must have been so rewarding to get that thing running again.

Rabbit hole of the evening: ghetto shop cashier

I guess this fits here? I don't know.

Popular Twitch DM Arcadum got accused of grooming and predatory behavior. He is/was the second largest DnD streamer, behind Critical Role. He ran multiple campaigns with tons of large streamers/YouTubers, often simultaneously. His work was very impressive to say the least, too bad his personality was shit.

I guess this fits here? I don't know.

Popular Twitch DM Arcadum got accused of grooming and predatory behavior. He is/was the second largest DnD streamer, behind Critical Role. He ran multiple campaigns with tons of large streamers/YouTubers, often simultaneously. His work was very impressive to say the least, too bad his personality was shit.

What a scumbag, hope he gets cancelled.

What a scumbag, hope he gets cancelled.
Oh yeah, his career is over. /r/livestreamfails is taking a massive dump on everything he built, the different related subreddits have gone into full shitstorm mode with mods shutting them down/leaving, the discord is in panic and removed everything Arcadum related, and his wife/fiancé left him. He's done.

Why is it always the same with these big names? They have great careers, are wildly popular, and all they have to do to make sure it stays that way, is to not be a massive asshole. It sounds so simple, but here we are.

Oh yeah, his career is over. /r/livestreamfails is taking a massive dump on everything he built, the different related subreddits have gone into full shitstorm mode with mods shutting them down/leaving, the discord is in panic and removed everything Arcadum related, and his wife/fiancé left him. He's done.

Why is it always the same with these big names? They have great careers, are wildly popular, and all they have to do to make sure it stays that way, is to not be a massive asshole. It sounds so simple, but here we are.
I'm also guessing money and fame had nothing to do with it, this is just who he is. Guess more people are assholes than we realize.

I'm also guessing money and fame had nothing to do with it, this is just who he is. Guess more people are assholes than we realize.
To become big, you need to be a bit of a psychopath, I suppose.

A bit suprised that no one (including me) hasn't mentioned Tom Scott here yet

Very enjoyable videos about all kinds of stuff, be it technology, historical, fun facts, interesting places and so on. I have already spent too much time watching his videos in random order today. :biggrin:

A bit suprised that no one (including me) hasn't mentioned Tom Scott here yet

Very enjoyable videos about all kinds of stuff, be it technology, historical, fun facts, interesting places and so on. I have already spent too much time watching his videos in random order today. :biggrin:
Ah yeah, Tom Scott is great! I used to watch his videos a lot and was subcribed to him with my old "mavecam" youtube account. Wasn't subscribed to him with my current youtube account, so thanks for the reminder!
I love how his subjects vary so much, if it's interesting to him, he'll make a video about it.

Xiaomanyc is an American guy, that looks American but speaks Chinese (and some dialects) fluently. Always results in great videos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom