Essential / Interesting YouTube channels

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen his videos before :biggrin: Great fun, to see the reactions of people.

Panki actually pointed this one out to me: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuoMasRkMhlj1VNVAOJdw5w

It's a creepy ass channel, with creepy videos. All fictional, but still pretty damn unsettling.
In particular the "Real Sleep" and You are on the fastest available route are simple, yet creepy as hell.

This video gives a pretty nice explaination, but it's a bit more dramatic than I'd like.

Uhm.. think I'm gonna skip this one :biggrin:

Uhm.. think I'm gonna skip this one :biggrin:
Your loss, as the videos are pretty well made :biggrin:

But, I made the mistake of watching one late last night, and yeah, I was freaked out when I went to bed. Recommend watching this either in bright daylight, and only at night if you're severely masochistic.

Your loss, as the videos are pretty well made :biggrin:

But, I made the mistake of watching one late last night, and yeah, I was freaked out when I went to bed. Recommend watching this either in bright daylight, and only at night if you're severely masochistic.
Reminds me of the Amnesia games, never touching that franchise again..

So, I regularly have a discussion with my dad about watching YouTube. He sees it as a waste of time, but I see it as the evolution of entertainment. There is pure crap and shitposting on there, but some channels look like they're just online TV channels.

Example: Donut media.

It's a channel that focusses on everything related to cars and racing. They have series and regular uploads, a whole crew to film and produce their content, everything
I am certain that if this kind of content was broadcast on TV (with some of the obvious YT content edited out, like sponsor and merch segments), nobody would bat an eye.

Mainly their HiLow series. The premise is that they buy two identical cars, and then modify one with cheap mods, and one with expensive stuff, and see which is better.
Other stuff include a regular series explaining stories in the automotive industry called "Up To Speed". Here's the most recent one, about Paul Walker:

Or Wheelhouse, where they explain random concepts and technologies. For example, about car names:

Their manner of presenting might be a bit... an acquired taste (especially James Humphrey is very energetic), but they stuff the videos are about are quite interesting.

So, I regularly have a discussion with my dad about watching YouTube. He sees it as a waste of time, but I see it as the evolution of entertainment. There is pure crap and shitposting on there, but some channels look like they're just online TV channels.
Gen Z (what I consider past 2000) almost watches youtube exclusively. I know this from my sister and her friends. They NEVER watch TV (I only do for two shows), but also barely watch streaming platforms like Netflix. 90% is YouTube.

And yeah Donut Media is great, reminds me a bit of Vinwiki, LOVE their stories. https://www.youtube.com/c/Vinwiki/videos

Never saw this guy's videos before, yet I watched this 22 minute video of him getting the guy that stole his expensive equipment back.

Nico Rosberg (former F1 driver and world champion) has an active youtube channel with tons of interesting content. He's also a really wholesome guy. I love his content.

Catchy song, funny lyrics, and great animation. What's not to like?

It's a catchy fucking song, don't get mad.

Found this through Womble, although it's not gaming related at all.
It's the channel by renowned journalist/writer Peter Hadfield. He debunks some common misinformation theories, and explains why idiots are idiots - in a delightfully dry and British way.

For example:

I love how he tells you multiple times "You can test this yourself by...", and the fact that he isn't disregarding the non-believers completely, but mentions "..but they do raise an interesting point". Very informative channel!

toldinstone, stumbled upon this channel by accident (thanks youtube algorithm?)

The guy has a PhD in Greek and Roman history, and obviously that's what his videos are all about.

I found this video in particular interesting:

If you were a time-traveler traveling back to ancient Rome: here's how to get good seats at the Colosseum.

LockPickingLawyer uploaded a video where he also recommends a lock. ABUS company gonna get some good sales real soon :biggrin:

"A Padlock I’d Use: Abus Granit 37RK/80"

LockPickingLawyer uploaded a video where he also recommends a lock. ABUS company gonna get some good sales real soon :biggrin:

"A Padlock I’d Use: Abus Granit 37RK/80"

Finally a lock LPL likes :biggrin:
Exactly, if there's one lock you want to buy, it's one that LockPickingLawyer recommends.

Back
Top Bottom