Technology: General Discussion

My current phone (Xperia XZ1C) is starting to have screen burn-ins more frequently, this sucks. D: Can't afford to get a new phone any time soon yet

My current phone (Xperia XZ1C) is starting to have screen burn-ins more frequently, this sucks. D: Can't afford to get a new phone any time soon yet
Maybe try this?
You can significantly reduce the "burn in" effect by going to Settings > Display > White balance. Drop the sliders down to 80 for all 3 values and press done.

Anyone else also have this problem?
My start button shows items, but I can't search in there, all I get is a blank window...

Anyone else also have this problem?
My start button shows items, but I can't search in there, all I get is a blank window...

Yes, I had same problem as well.

Following this guide fixes it https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-search-down-many-showing-blank-box-instead-search-results

Damn, everyone was struggling with this today at work, found the same fix quite fast... damn bing search xD

How sick is this case? Also looks like a nightmare to build though.

pBeulMA.jpg

Looks great, but I very much doubt its practicality. Takes up more space, worse airflow, very fragile, major dust collector,...

Started using Nightlight (I used f.lux before) because my eyes started to irritate at work. It really does feel better.

FYI, Android has a similar setting as well. It's called Wellbeing, I think. I'm not sure if iOS has something similar, though.

FYI, Android has a similar setting as well. It's called Wellbeing, I think. I'm not sure if iOS has something similar, though.
Stock iOS has Night Shift. F.lux really was ahead of its time. Now every (mobile) OS has it built-in.

Can't believe I missed this insane price drop in January...
This chair has been on my wishlist for a looong time (gf will kill me though).

PlR3Nyd.png

These things are scary as fuck. Protip: NEVER enter a USB device you don't know into your PC. (or use a very old one that can get destroyed)

Yeah, it's a very common technique that hackers use. It's also usually the way pentests are done.

I once talked with a cybersec expert, who told a story about how he managed to complete a pentest in the time it took the manager to explain what was expected of him, simply because all 4 USB sticks that he dropped were used.

Same with "secured" office files. If you receive a file, Windows Office always open it in "protected mode", which you can then re-open in "edit mode". A common hacking method is to "lock" the file, showing only a large square, with the request to enable edit mode to access the rest of the file. But, it's likely a macro that executes the virus as soon as you open it in edit mode.

Back
Top Bottom