Technology: General Discussion

Zero issues so far

*knocks on wood*
"Five minutes later, the earth shook, as Mauri's PC suffered a catastrophically meltdown. The resulting explosion created a new, hereto unknown metal, known now only as "ohcrapium". The cause of the meltdown is not officially known, but is likely due to unplugging an USB stick without ejecting it"

"Five minutes later, the earth shook, as Mauri's PC suffered a catastrophically meltdown. The resulting explosion created a new, hereto unknown metal, known now only as "ohcrapium". The cause of the meltdown is not officially known, but is likely due to unplugging an USB stick without ejecting it"
"ohcrapium", you have me in tears :biggrin:

Why anyone would buy a Samsung TV after knowing they pull off shit like this is beyond me.

I3dUia4.jpeg

Discord is adding an account switcher:

GB1I2yn.png

Not that interesting to me since I only have one account.

Discord is adding an account switcher:

GB1I2yn.png

Not that interesting to me since I only have one account.
I guess this is the start for their push into business territory. I can see this being useful to switch between "work" and "personal" accounts.

Weren't they legally obligated to do so by a court in... I wanna say the US, but who are we kidding. It's likely somewhere in the EU.

Weren't they legally obligated to do so by a court in... I wanna say the US, but who are we kidding. It's likely somewhere in the EU.
Not sure, I do remember the universal charging port coming though.
If they'd be legally obligated to, what about other phone manufactures?

Facepalm of the day: after years (almost decades) of using Firefox, I only discovered TODAY that you have a DEFAULT BLACK THEME for the web inspector. All those years blinding my eyes for nothing.

Rqijkqc.png

Now this is pretty neat. The dislike button is back! (for now)

Yeah, until they shut down the API. Hiding the label on the frontend is just step one.

Are you guys all using VLC still? So am I but I sometimes get bad screen tearing, especially with heavy videos (large filesize).
I asked around and get suggestions like MPV or Potplayer. Was just wondering what you guys are using.

Are you guys all using VLC still? So am I but I sometimes get bad screen tearing, especially with heavy videos (large filesize).
I asked around and get suggestions like MPV or Potplayer. Was just wondering what you guys are using.
I have always used MPC-HC

mpv is great if you are into fine tuning and fiddling with config files but by default it should work really fine as well. I have used mpv multiple times too but I always end up installing MPC-HC :biggrin:

Hmm, similarly, I have an issue in both VLC and MPC-HC, whenever I play x265 files. The colors are all wonky, only showing shades of green and red.
Anyone have an idea? Considering it's on two seperate players, I'm thinking it's either the file, or a codec. And since I don't see any comments saying the torrent file is wonky, I'm gonna guess the codec... But that's all I got.

Hmm, similarly, I have an issue in both VLC and MPC-HC, whenever I play x265 files. The colors are all wonky, only showing shades of green and red.
Anyone have an idea? Considering it's on two seperate players, I'm thinking it's either the file, or a codec. And since I don't see any comments saying the torrent file is wonky, I'm gonna guess the codec... But that's all I got.
Probably because you're trying to play HDR on a non-HDR monitor/TV? Had the same issue with Dune.

EDIT: Like this?

8q55hTe.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom