Technology: General Discussion

I also don't give a single shit about how ugly it would look, as long as everything works. :biggrin:
Then the solution is simple: Sleeper PC.
Find an old IBM tower from the '90s, for $20 or something, strip it to just the case, and then just pile in high-end stuff.

That, or a cardboard box.

Right now this would be the build I'm aiming for:

Time to start save some money :biggrin:
Nice!

GPU looks like a great choice as well. (best price/value)

wz0xIHK.png

I ordered a record player yesterday, the Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSBBK.
They claimed "order before 23:59, receive your package the next day!" I ordered at 23:58 :biggrin:

TVLjzyo.png

Can't wait to receive this bad boy.

6GaVetT.jpg

I ordered a record player yesterday, the Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSBBK.
They claimed "order before 23:59, receive your package the next day!" I ordered at 23:58 :biggrin:

TVLjzyo.png

Can't wait to receive this bad boy.

6GaVetT.jpg
Welp, didn't even get a shipping notification yet..

Just my luck. I returned my Audio Technica AT-LP120XUSBBK because my grandmother had a Pioneer PL-30-K lying around collecting dust. It's in great condition but unfortunately runs too fast.. Record players are supposed to run at 33 1/3rd RPM, mine runs at 34.42 RPM. (which may not seem like much, but you can tell with every song that something's off) Normally the advice is to go to https://www.vinylengine.com/ , find the appropriate service manual and adjust the speed. Of course no service manual can be found for the Pioneer (only the regular manual). Asked around on a Dutch vinyl forum and reddit what to do. Hopefully I'll be able to fix this.

Curious... Is it something wrong with the player itself, that it runs at such a weird RPM? In that case, it might be a matter of bringing it in to a mechanic of sorts.

Curious... Is it something wrong with the player itself, that it runs at such a weird RPM? In that case, it might be a matter of bringing it in to a mechanic of sorts.
It's been out of warranty for a long time now, but after fiddling around with it for an hour I managed to get it up to 30 RPM (Only 1% off, which isn't hearable!)
Pretty happy I managed to fix this myself.

Might it have been the motor that turns the table? Or whatever is connecting the table to the motor?

Back
Top Bottom