Technology: General Discussion

Just make sure you can get a decent connection to your modem. If you get the largest bandwidth, but then use powerLAN adapters...
I will, there should be a cable from where the internet enters the apartment to my desk.
I won't know for sure that it works until August though.

I will, there should be a cable from where the internet enters the apartment to my desk.
I won't know for sure that it works until August though.
And it will be even later as I explained on Discord... However I might get fiber speeds now, since well.. there's fiber :biggrin:

And it will be even later as I explained on Discord... However I might get fiber speeds now, since well.. there's fiber :biggrin:
Just got off the phone with my soon to be ISP. Speeds will be 220 (27.5MB) down, 20 (2.5MB) upload. However with a €5 monthly increase I'll be getting 400 (50MB) down and 50 (6.25MB) up. You best know I can't leave that offer hanging :laugh:

Man this new Windows update is pretty ugly...
I really really dislike the search included in the taskbar + the new internet icon looks lame.

80DD5Kw.png

You can disable the search bar, though. Haven't gotten the new update yet, however.

Setting up Plex right now. Seems like a really good option to stream your media files to your PC.

Hmm, gonna look into this as well... If it's better than Kodi/OSMC, I might switch over as well.

And for the fail of the day...
I bought a W10 Pro license this weekend for my desktop since I lost my key when I upgraded my motherboard a few years ago and the tools to extend your trial/fake your license stopped working. Since there was a problem with my mailserver I only managed to get the key this morning, mind you it has been a pretty stressful morning already as I had to go to the hardware store to buy electronic outlets, and the ISP guy also came by this morning to install our internet but he concluded that it wasn't technically possible yet at this time.. (ffs). So I get back home and see that I finally received the key, being the dumb moron I am, I immediately activated the key.. on my laptop... which already had a genuine W10 license...
FORTUNATELY I did have a backup of the laptop's key somewhere on Google Drive. So right now my laptop has W10 pro, and my desktop has W10 home. So I didn't fuck up that bad, but still.. I feel like an idiot.

My 4K monitor arrived today, damn this resolution is insane.
Here's how my current page looks:

CrKwmy5.png

Christ, it's amazing how much bigger 4k is than 1080p... I might upgrade as well, if the money's available.

How does GTAV run in 4k?

Christ, it's amazing how much bigger 4k is than 1080p... I might upgrade as well, if the money's available.

How does GTAV run in 4k?
Runs pretty good actually (constant 60 FPS, no dips), I mainly had to turn off Tessellation and Ambient Occlusion. If you want I'll post my settings later.

As my work laptop is dying, I have been looking for an alternative. The SKIKK laptops look interesting, you can configure your own laptop (like Clevo)

Q51px3n.png

The one I find interesting is this one: https://www.skikk.eu/laptops/gaming/15rf50 it comes with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 and Intel Core i7 Hexa Core (6) 9750H 2.6GHz
I'd downgrade the screen to 1920x1080 (it's only 15 inch so there's no need for higher res. and this saves €169), upgrade the memory to 2x 16GB Corsair 2666MHz (add €132), upgrade the SSDs to 2x 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus M.2 (add €440), upgrade the termal paste to Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 12.5 W / m (add €9).
This would total €2211,46 (my current one was €2400)

The iPhone 11/pro is laughable. It's a total joke that Apple calls these "pro" yet they're lacking touch id in screen, reverse charging,...

2000$ for a phone? :laugh:

LQx1f25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom