Movies: General Discussion

Mave said:
Gonna watch Jungle Book tonight with the gf, hopefully it is as good as I heard online.
I llked it a lot, perfect movie to watch with your girlfriend, and it wasn't too childish, also had quite a few laughs.

Mave said:
About to watch The Nice Guys. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3799694/ Will report back.

Pleasantly surprised about this one, I'd rate it a 7.5/10 (which is high for my ratings). The main actors (Russel Crowe & Ryan Gosling) have great chemistry. The movie also has this great 80s vibe. Go watch this!

So, I'm kinda looking out for The Dark Tower, but I'm having my doubts. One of the main points of the story is the racism between the main character Roland (who is white), and Susannah (who is black). However, in the movie, Roland is played by Idris Elba. Don't get me wrong, he's a good actor, and if he does the character justice, you'll hear no complaints from me. But I'm just wondering how they'll fix the whole racism thing.

Stybar said:
So, I'm kinda looking out for The Dark Tower, but I'm having my doubts. One of the main points of the story is the racism between the main character Roland (who is white), and Susannah (who is black). However, in the movie, Roland is played by Idris Elba. Don't get me wrong, he's a good actor, and if he does the character justice, you'll hear no complaints from me. But I'm just wondering how they'll fix the whole racism thing.
Idris Elba is fucking amazing. I loved every minute of him in the Wire.
And about the movie: just wait around for the first ratings to come in on IMDB and Rottentomatoes.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
And about the movie: just wait around for the first ratings to come in on IMDB and Rottentomatoes.
I dunno. Stephen King is involved in the writing of the script, so that might be a good thing. However, other SK movies have kinda... sucked.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
I dunno. Stephen King is involved in the writing of the script, so that might be a good thing. However, other SK movies have kinda... sucked.
Not sure if I have watched a SK movie yet, which ones of his books were made into movies?

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Not sure if I have watched a SK movie yet, which ones of his books were made into movies?
Err... Carrie, It, The Dreamcatcher, The Stand, Cujo, ...None were really what you'd call instant classics.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Err... Carrie, It, The Dreamcatcher, The Stand, Cujo, ...None were really what you'd call instant classics.
Then you're definitely right to be careful about it,

The trailer for Kong: Skull Island was kinda meh, I actually liked the Kong bit, but they had to include yet another crazy thing like the skull eating monsters...

Mave said:
The trailer for Kong: Skull Island was kinda meh, I actually liked the Kong bit, but they had to include yet another crazy thing like the skull eating monsters...

Watch it drunk, I guess? Not a big fan of monster movies, anyway.

Stybar said:
Mave said:

Watch it drunk, I guess? Not a big fan of monster movies, anyway.

Honestly the only monster movies I've ever liked were the Jurassic Park movies.

Same here, although I did laugh my ass off with Poseidon Rex. But that was such a crappy movie it became funny again.

Gathering movies to watch on the flight to and from Dubai in two weeks. (going with the gf"s family)
Most of these are from my IMDB watchlist (and have been there for far too long)

- Das Boot
- Four Brothers
- Wag The Dog
- Oldboy
- Twelve Monkeys
- Hail Caesar (hoping it won't disappoint too much, it's from the Coen Brothers but wasn't exactly well received..)

Are the ones I have so far.

Curious about the Oscars this year. Shouldn't be too long before they announce the nominees.

The Golden Globes aired yesterday, like every year I'm going to watch them, but they're not available anywhere yet to download. aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Only thing I was able to find is the scripted intro, kudos for the effort

Went to see Rogue One last weekend, in and IMAX theater.
Good lord that was insane. Quality was through the roof, and I actively had to move my head around to see what was happening, even though I was on row 8 out of 12.

Stybar said:
Went to see Rogue One last weekend, in and IMAX theater.
Good lord that was insane. Quality was through the roof, and I actively had to move my head around to see what was happening, even though I was on row 8 out of 12.
Where did you watch? As far as I know there are no IMAX theaters in Belgium. When I wanted to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, I had to drive to Eindhoven in The Netherlands.

Kinepolis in Brussels has one. I think it's pretty recent though, as the seats were all brand spanking new. I'm guessing Rogue One was the first movie played there.

Stybar said:
Kinepolis in Brussels has one. I think it's pretty recent though, as the seats were all brand spanking new. I'm guessing Rogue One was the first movie played there.
Ah cool, I'd rather drive to Brussels than The Netherlands.

New Power Rangers trailer out, can't say I'm a fan. (which is why I post it here and not as its own topic in the trailers board)

Just watched "Why Him?" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4501244/) in theaters yesterday because Steffy's brother really wanted to see it. Gotta say it was not bad for a comedy movie these days. I wouldn't pay to watch it though, just wait for the torrents to pop up and watch it with your brain switched off.

Back
Top Bottom