Movies: General Discussion

Mave said:
Was going to see Batman vs Superman this Thursday, but might avoid crowded places for a while now...
Might want to avoid that movie as well.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Was going to see Batman vs Superman this Thursday, but might avoid crowded places for a while now...
Damnit, guess I'll wait for a torrent then..
Well shit, now I feel like a dick saying you shouldn't watch a movie you've been looking forward too :\

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Well shit, now I feel like a dick saying you shouldn't watch a movie you've been looking forward too :\
Why? You saved me money.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Why? You saved me money.
Still feels like taking a candy from a baby or something...

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Why? You saved me money.
Still feels like taking a candy from a baby or something...
Not at all, I'll still enjoy it at home.

Watched Cop Land, Top Secret, Mean Streets, and Men In Black this weekend.
All for the first time, only Mean Streets was a real letdown (although fucking Scorcese directed it)

Men In Black was what I expected of it. Top Secret is great if you're in for some dry humour like the Naked Gun movies.
Cop Land is a great cop drama with Stallone, De Niro, and Liotta (!) The cast alone is worth watching the movie.

Next weekend I'll be able to watch another couple of movies, as the girlfriend is still working on her thesis.

So what were your expectations of Men In Black?

Watched Kingsmen: The Secret Service, and it was great. The action scenes are brilliantly done, and the main villain is amazing.

Stybar said:
So what were your expectations of Men In Black?

Watched Kingsmen: The Secret Service, and it was great. The action scenes are brilliantly done, and the main villain is amazing.

I loved that movie. Can't wait for the sequel.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the new Jungle Book (I'm not joking)
Might watch it in the cinema this weekend.

I'm hearing the same thing.

Wanted to see Captain America Winter Soldier today, but apparently I don't have it (yet).

Stybar said:

Wanted to see Captain America Winter Soldier today, but apparently I don't have it (yet).

Watched it yet? I'm wondering if it's any good.

Mave said:
Stybar said:

Watched it yet? I'm wondering if it's any good.
It's one of the better movies of MCU Phase 2. Iron Man 3 is weird, Age of Ultron is just CGI Extravaganza, and Ant-Man has some really predictable plotlines (although it's a pretty good movie as well). At least Winter Soldier has a reasonably nice plot with some nice intrigue. Also, there is very little CGI involved in the movie, which makes it a bit more pleasing to watch (IMO).

Still, they're typically superhero movies. There are bad guys, and they punch bad guys in the face. The relationship between Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson was pretty well done.

So, watched Civil War today, and it's exactly what you'd expect. In terms of plotline, it's exactly what it says in the description. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers have a different point of view, and they start bashing heads. The best part of the movie is the fighting which is awesomely coordinated and acted/animated. The adding of Spiderman and Ant-man seems like a bit of a stretch, since they get exactly one fight to show off, before they are shoved in a dark corner again, but the fight is definitely one of the best moments in the movie.

Stybar said:
So, watched Civil War today, and it's exactly what you'd expect. In terms of plotline, it's exactly what it says in the description. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers have a different point of view, and they start bashing heads. The best part of the movie is the fighting which is awesomely coordinated and acted/animated. The adding of Spiderman and Ant-man seems like a bit of a stretch, since they get exactly one fight to show off, before they are shoved in a dark corner again, but the fight is definitely one of the best moments in the movie.

Gonna watch it tomorrow evening, hopefully it'll meet my expectations.

Mave said:
Stybar said:

As long as your expectations are in the line of "PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE", you're golden.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

As long as your expectations are in the line of "PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE", you're golden.

So I watched it yesterday and honestly it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Also this is a Captain America movie, but apart from the title you can't really tell.
Or MAYBE deadpool ruined my comic movie expectations.

Gonna watch Jungle Book tonight with the gf, hopefully it is as good as I heard online.

About to watch The Nice Guys. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3799694/ Will report back.

Back
Top Bottom