Minecraft

Takes me back to the good old TMS Minecraft Server days.
And is it even possible to completely shield your IP from that? I thought a simple traceroute always showed the IP.
Yeah, of course, but all I'm aiming for is not having to share my bare IP over the internet :) If I can share a readable URL instead of an IP, it feels safer, to me. I know that my ISP has some sort of program where you can get a small server for free, but I think that's only intended for websites (and only has those ports open)

Yeah, of course, but all I'm aiming for is not having to share my bare IP over the internet :) If I can share a readable URL instead of an IP, it feels safer, to me. I know that my ISP has some sort of program where you can get a small server for free, but I think that's only intended for websites (and only has those ports open)
Well do you already have a domain that you can use?

God, zooming in on that creeper's face was a mistake. That's oddly terrifying.

Los Santos in Minecraft

udmr4cW.jpg

The idea is simple, perhaps, because I have no idea how to even start on creating something like that... Some people are real artists with just the square graphics of Minecraft.

The idea is simple, perhaps, because I have no idea how to even start on creating something like that... Some people are real artists with just the square graphics of Minecraft.
Some people are even great artists with paint!
I love how people get creative with "restricted" options (squares in Minecraft, the basic functionality in paint,..)

Nice, just scrolled through 2-4 years of comments on this. Hope you've been doing well Mave.

I've been playing minecraft lately... actually have a SP beta 1.7.3 world going right now just for the nostalgia and challenge to see what I could do now compared to back when I started. :) Though that got me thinking about TMS again. My best times in minecraft was on TMS before the factions conversion (though I did end up liking factions until the cheaters became so common.) I'm curious if anyone still has a clean copy of the last TMS PVE server map. I've been missing my old base I had going on there. Would be fun to roam around the spawn area as well.

Phobos fell apart like many servers without full time volunteers/employees. Though I still chat off and on on Satisfiction's discord though they're not very active lately.

Since I may have to go on the road again soon I've been considering starting a server so my kids and I can play together like we do on Lan connection now.
Though I popped on here to see what was going on with TMS

I still play minecraft off and on, though I'm so behind times when it comes to assistant software like mcedit and worldedit. I'm sure they still have stuff like that since I highly doubt the crazy builds you posted were built in survival or even creative for that matter.

Almost seems like another lifetime ago I was working to develop a youtube channel based around minecraft. Actually had an intro put together, was creating some tutorials on some builds I'd done, so on. though I wanted to launch with some good content put together first....I don't even remember what happened, though I know my files were lost when my hard drive wiped by mistake. Never got back into it after that. Destroyed my spirit for sure lol. Oh well, getting back into minecraft again, so maybe I'll work on getting something again....though doubt it.

Just seen this on a post I had on minecraftforums.net I believe this was the first major farm I built on TMS before a later map update

Attachments

• SketchTMSfarm.jpg
    SketchTMSfarm.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice, just scrolled through 2-4 years of comments on this. Hope you've been doing well Mave.

I've been playing minecraft lately... actually have a SP beta 1.7.3 world going right now just for the nostalgia and challenge to see what I could do now compared to back when I started. :) Though that got me thinking about TMS again. My best times in minecraft was on TMS before the factions conversion (though I did end up liking factions until the cheaters became so common.) I'm curious if anyone still has a clean copy of the last TMS PVE server map. I've been missing my old base I had going on there. Would be fun to roam around the spawn area as well.

Phobos fell apart like many servers without full time volunteers/employees. Though I still chat off and on on Satisfiction's discord though they're not very active lately.

Since I may have to go on the road again soon I've been considering starting a server so my kids and I can play together like we do on Lan connection now.
Though I popped on here to see what was going on with TMS
If anyone has a copy it ought to be @Avalkiz I can get into touch with him through FB.

I still play minecraft off and on, though I'm so behind times when it comes to assistant software like mcedit and worldedit. I'm sure they still have stuff like that since I highly doubt the crazy builds you posted were built in survival or even creative for that matter.

I haven't played MC in ages, I know @Stybar still plays occasionally though.

The downside of a Minecraft server is the high server costs (I believe it cost €50 or something a month) Back then we were all dedicated (especially @Avalkiz ) and got donations which made us break-even. I'm not sure something like that is possible right now. (and I can't spare an extra €50 a month sadly)

But I love that you popped in and are interested in the project again :biggrin:
Truth is we need someone dedicated with a lot of free time to manage the server.

I haven't played MC in ages, I know @Stybar still plays occasionally though.
Yeah, I only play very occasionally, though.

And you can host a free server on Aternos, but it's hard to get the uptime you want. I've experimented a bit with running a server on a raspi, but was mostly unsuccesful.

Yeah, If I thought it could be profitable, or at least break even with a staff to support it I would do it.
I don't have the best connection where I live so hosting it from my home isn't a good option to save money...Though I'm with you when it comes to it likely not being worth the effort. When I started one I ended up too busy with my day job and struggled to keep up with getting the server going.

Back
Top Bottom