Discussion GTA VI Speculation & Discussion Thread (Pre-Announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to pack it up! October has ended and we've seen nothing from Rockstar.
I just can't see the game being announced in November or December.
Y'know what? I won't be surprised if they drop something with the release of GTA V on the next gen of consoles. My guess is that right now, they're focussed on bringing those games out, before getting back to GTA VI.

Y'know what? I won't be surprised if they drop something with the release of GTA V on the next gen of consoles. My guess is that right now, they're focussed on bringing those games out, before getting back to GTA VI.
That'd be great. I now believe they're definitely focused on GTA V next gen first, once that dust settles we'll hopefully see something about VI.

Am listening to the lastest T2 earnings call (was last night) https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/p4c7fije (you can just fill in bullshit details)

Looks like GTA:O will become a standalone game on PS5/Xbox One and it will be FREE during the first three months on PS5.

EDIT: The call also mentions again that the Enhanced version will release in fiscal year 2022, which means late 2021 (Sept-Dec).
I guess the GTA VI / 6 announcement will happen after that date.. kill me.

Last edited:
EDIT: The call also mentions again that the Enhanced version will release in fiscal year 2022, which means late 2021 (Sept-Dec).
Wait, the enhanced edition is the version they're releasing for the PS5/XBX, right? Doesn't it release on launch?

Apparently not.. which is bad news for GTA 6 announcement hope.
Well, it will undoubtedly come... The main question is when? I'm afraid it won't be before 2022, at this rate.

Well, it will undoubtedly come... The main question is when? I'm afraid it won't be before 2022, at this rate.
You're absolutely right, seeing as they are going to release GTA V Expanded & Enhanced for PS5/Xbox Series X, releasing GTA VI/6 soon after would be competing against themselves. They'll give the Expanded & Enhanced version at least a year before even announcing GTA VI imo.

Talk about a stretch.
The coords used in the GTA:O winter update teaser lead to a road in Virginia IRL, and if you use your imagination you can see a Vi (and a Ci, but that's even more of a stretch)

JxKRmf0.png

Yeah, that's a reaaaally far stretch... Could be that they're doing something similar to what Bungie did a few years ago, and that there's a geocache hidden there? That seems more probably, to me.

Yeah, that's a reaaaally far stretch... Could be that they're doing something similar to what Bungie did a few years ago, and that there's a geocache hidden there? That seems more probably, to me.
Someone needs to go down there asap.

Some new "leaks" today.

4chan leak: 01/04/21

zqOArTr.png

They're really honing in on the current themes of American entropy, demise and collapse. So they've opted to set it in a dystopian Rust Belt city in the Midwest.
You start as some white trash protagonist on a rags to riches story, trying to break out of his quagmire and make it big and escape the sinking, rat infested ship that is Carcer City.
It's going to be the darkest Rockstar game ever made. Some of the content they're putting in I honestly can't even believe, like I don't know how the f*ck this is going to fly with censors but I assume massive bribes and kind of economic desperation following the lockdowns and Coronavirus will probably see many of them just buckle to pressure and allow it to be sold without censure.
Houser worked heavily on this before he left. Most of the writing and story is from him, the bleakness and entropy and fatalism of the game is a sort of mirror of his departure from gaming and the falling of many giants at Rockstar over the past several years.
Expect some of the grimmest sh*t you have ever experienced on the Internet, ramped up to 11.

Child pr0nography/pedophile rings, sexual exploitation/trafficking, modern slavery, racism, heroin/hard drug trade, extreme topdown corruption, serial killers, ultraviolent gangwars, bleakness and fatalism.
You know the way the Wire just kinda left you feeling like nothing will ever change in these kinds of regions and any kind of investment or policies are doomed to fail as people are utterly trapped in the cycle of the projects? Or the way True Detective just kind of beat whatever last vestiges of hope you had in humanity out of you?
Think all that kind of stuff, it's just the awful sides of humanity ramped up to 11 with absolutely no redeeming aspects in any parts of the game.

sh*t I forgot to mention cults. There are a few cults in the game and they're super messed up, a few are more comical but some are pretty f*cking bleak and disturbing.
One that really sticks in my mind is the Heaven's Gate inspired one. You go through like full inductions and initiations with them and in the end are tasked with assisting them in an eventual mass suicide which you can take part in (they used bags over their head just like in Heaven's Gate).
There's another pretty cool one based on that Japanese doomsday cult responsible for mass sarin poisonings as well.

And here's the more-than-likely-fake reddit "leak"

The 90s will also be involved within the Main story being featured In the later parts of the game

A heavily satired version of D.A.R.E will be Featured within chapters taking place In The 80s, and 90s

You will be able to take part in Giveaways from the In-Game radio stations winning both Money, and Vehicles

Cacey is Ricardo's trusted older cousin and new Leader Of the cartel who works behind the scenes

The dynamic Of both Ricardo and Cacey will be that of brotherly love (A more improved version of Lance, and Vic's relationship)

A younger Phil will make an appearance being a corrupt D.O.A. Agent secretly working for the Madrazo Family keeping tabs on your organization

The score is being made by Health, Carlos Santana, Woody Jackson, Timbaland and Sidewalks & Skeletons (Each of their work will appear Across different decades)

A younger Juan Strickler will be featured being a Enthusiastic, and reckless Short Tempered Drug Smuggler and close friend of Ricardo and Kacey

Expect tone downed racial slurs thrown at you by cops and civilians on the Outskirts of vice city (Not present during the 90s portion)

Radio Stations will change in Playlist each decade and Logo as well

You'll be able to walk around and listen to music via a heavily satirized version of Sony's walkman which will be updated as time progresses

Dial up will be heavily present within the 90s Portion

Many of the interiors seen in Vice City will return as well added new ones

The tone of the game lies between Both Gta IV and V

A recreation of Orlando, and Tampa Bay will not be present due to Rockstar wanting to Make Vice City be the True focal point of the game

The name of Florida in the hd Universe is simply Florencia

Gun stores are only present in Vice City and they will only provide high end expensive weapons For example M16's, and M1911'sWhile the cheap Low end Weapons like AK's and Glocks will be found in underground gun shops

Children will be present Within the game but only seen in cutscenes in a way that doesn't shatter the immersion when out of the cutscenes

Wouldn't be surprised if a Announcement Happened this year, But if not definitely look forward to 2022

The ETA For release as of right now is Unknown due to the circumstances at hand

I don't see how you all think the "new" Version of GTA V will effect This project, Since the game is nearing the end of Development there's no reason to just withhold it from the public this year although It may be likely to be Announced next year

Hate to burst your bubble Mave, but Richard Barnes left Rockstar in Augustus 2019. According to his LinkedIn, he's working for Unity as of May 2020.

On top of that, that mail seems horribly fake. It looks like a mass-sent recruitment mail. Also, why would a director of communications contact an artist directly via mail? Surely he has a team of lawyers and goons to do this stuff for him?

This smells fake, to me.

Hate to burst your bubble Mave, but Richard Barnes left Rockstar in Augustus 2019. According to his LinkedIn, he's working for Unity as of May 2020.

On top of that, that mail seems horribly fake. It looks like a mass-sent recruitment mail. Also, why would a director of communications contact an artist directly via mail? Surely he has a team of lawyers and goons to do this stuff for him?

This smells fake, to me.
Fuck you're right, after turning up brightness/contrast it's obvious that one of the paragraphs was added:

3ACigju.png

Hmmm.. this dude is a credible COD leaker:

pvU6Pgj.png

COD is no GTA, but gonnaenodaethat doesn't deny it either.

b1wAJhw.png

I mean, that rumor has been floating around ever since GTAV was released. I won't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Could also be for a new feature in RDRO or GTAO... Upgrading businesses, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom