GTA VI Speculation & Discussion Thread (Pre-Announcement)

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Time to pack it up! October has ended and we've seen nothing from Rockstar.
I just can't see the game being announced in November or December.
Y'know what? I won't be surprised if they drop something with the release of GTA V on the next gen of consoles. My guess is that right now, they're focussed on bringing those games out, before getting back to GTA VI.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Y'know what? I won't be surprised if they drop something with the release of GTA V on the next gen of consoles. My guess is that right now, they're focussed on bringing those games out, before getting back to GTA VI.
That'd be great. I now believe they're definitely focused on GTA V next gen first, once that dust settles we'll hopefully see something about VI.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Am listening to the lastest T2 earnings call (was last night) https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/p4c7fije (you can just fill in bullshit details)

Looks like GTA:O will become a standalone game on PS5/Xbox One and it will be FREE during the first three months on PS5.

EDIT: The call also mentions again that the Enhanced version will release in fiscal year 2022, which means late 2021 (Sept-Dec).
I guess the GTA VI / 6 announcement will happen after that date.. kill me.

Last edited:

Stybar

EDIT: The call also mentions again that the Enhanced version will release in fiscal year 2022, which means late 2021 (Sept-Dec).
Wait, the enhanced edition is the version they're releasing for the PS5/XBX, right? Doesn't it release on launch?

Stybar

Apparently not.. which is bad news for GTA 6 announcement hope.
Well, it will undoubtedly come... The main question is when? I'm afraid it won't be before 2022, at this rate.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Well, it will undoubtedly come... The main question is when? I'm afraid it won't be before 2022, at this rate.
You're absolutely right, seeing as they are going to release GTA V Expanded & Enhanced for PS5/Xbox Series X, releasing GTA VI/6 soon after would be competing against themselves. They'll give the Expanded & Enhanced version at least a year before even announcing GTA VI imo.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Talk about a stretch.
The coords used in the GTA:O winter update teaser lead to a road in Virginia IRL, and if you use your imagination you can see a Vi (and a Ci, but that's even more of a stretch)

Stybar

Yeah, that's a reaaaally far stretch... Could be that they're doing something similar to what Bungie did a few years ago, and that there's a geocache hidden there? That seems more probably, to me.

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Yeah, that's a reaaaally far stretch... Could be that they're doing something similar to what Bungie did a few years ago, and that there's a geocache hidden there? That seems more probably, to me.
Someone needs to go down there asap.

Top Bottom