General Gaming Discussion Thread

Mave said:
Never played a Batman game, should I buy Arkham Origins for €7?
Never played one either... Can anyone give a recommendation?

Since my laptop is still in for repairs, gaming has been slow the last couple of weeks. Mostly PS3 (GTAV) or pokemon on DS.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Never played a Batman game, should I buy Arkham Origins for €7?
Never played one either... Can anyone give a recommendation?

Since my laptop is still in for repairs, gaming has been slow the last couple of weeks. Mostly PS3 (GTAV) or pokemon on DS.
About GTA V: Try the glitch I posted, before it gets patched later this week.

Also RIP Steam sales.

Ignore Origins, get Arkham Asylum and Arkham City instead.

Arkham Origins is more like a spin-off game, also it's not made by Rocksteady Studios (who made Asylum and City).

Mauri said:
Ignore Origins, get Arkham Asylum and Arkham City instead.

Arkham Origins is more like a spin-off game, also it's not made by Rocksteady Studios (who made Asylum and City).
Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

So, I just finished Deadpool, and I can tell you this: only grab it if you're interested in Deadpool as a character.
The game is suprisingly fun to play, but it's really short, and can be finished in no time.
Still, it has Deadpools typical completely batshit insane hijinks, such as commenting on every kill ("Aww, that's my favorite bullet! Can ya bring it back?"), telling the player off if you get hit ("Give the controller to someone who CAN play") and a complete scene in which you have to shoot baddies in a big foot.
Some cameos by X-men characters, but nothing noteworthy except for Cable.

So, in short. It's a nice hack and slash game, made great by Deadpools hilarious antics. Like I said, only get it if you like Deadpool as a character.

Stybar said:
So, I just finished Deadpool, and I can tell you this: only grab it if you're interested in Deadpool as a character.
The game is suprisingly fun to play, but it's really short, and can be finished in no time.
Still, it has Deadpools typical completely batshit insane hijinks, such as commenting on every kill ("Aww, that's my favorite bullet! Can ya bring it back?"), telling the player off if you get hit ("Give the controller to someone who CAN play") and a complete scene in which you have to shoot baddies in a big foot.
Some cameos by X-men characters, but nothing noteworthy except for Cable.

So, in short. It's a nice hack and slash game, made great by Deadpools hilarious antics. Like I said, only get it if you like Deadpool as a character.
Thanks for the review, will give it a try when I'm back in Belgium.

Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!

Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
I was looking forward to playing this game, but when I got it loaded I noticed something I had seen before... from Titanfall but it wasn't as bad. Basically, I just have my character models stretching and stuff, but I fucking loved every second of playing it though! :biggrin:

RockStar248 said:
Stybar said:
I was looking forward to playing this game, but when I got it loaded I noticed something I had seen before... from Titanfall but it wasn't as bad. Basically, I just have my character models stretching and stuff, but I fucking loved every second of playing it though! :biggrin:
Only models? Or did you get a different ratio on your screen? Could be that your screen isn't set up right.
Deadpool game has got me reading the Deadpool comics. God those are great.

Stybar said:
Sounds neato, will dl when I get home.

Mave said:
Stybar said:
Be warned, it's a 42Gb download.

Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Be warned, it's a 42Gb download.
Oh wow. This is gonna take a while..

It's been a wild ride, but I finally did it!

ad26779907.jpg

Now I can wait for Rebirth :biggrin:

^Christ almighty man.

Destiny is an amazing game. It's like WoW in space, with guns. It has its flaws, sure (shadows are blocky, and the persistent online is quite annoying if you have a dodgy network), but overall I really, really like it. And bonus: Amazing cast.

Shadow Of Mordor = Assassin's Creed VI: Mordor Edition.

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.

Stybar said:

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.
Never played AC, probably should give it a try..

Mave said:
Stybar said:

Skip AC1 though. It's incredibly repetitive. Start at AC2.

Panki said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:

Skip AC1 though. It's incredibly repetitive. Start at AC2.
Well, 1 does give some pointers in the story line, but otherwise it's entirely skippable because it's always sneak, stab, eavesdrop, kill, repeat. AC2, ACB and ACR (the Ezio trilogy) are by far the best, although much can be said for the vast open sea of ACIV.

Back
Top Bottom