General Gaming Discussion Thread

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
Mave said:
Never played a Batman game, should I buy Arkham Origins for €7?
Never played one either... Can anyone give a recommendation?

Since my laptop is still in for repairs, gaming has been slow the last couple of weeks. Mostly PS3 (GTAV) or pokemon on DS.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Never played a Batman game, should I buy Arkham Origins for €7?
Never played one either... Can anyone give a recommendation?

Since my laptop is still in for repairs, gaming has been slow the last couple of weeks. Mostly PS3 (GTAV) or pokemon on DS.
About GTA V: Try the glitch I posted, before it gets patched later this week.

Also RIP Steam sales.
 

Mauri

Custom title here
Global Moderator
Messages
7,452
Location
Finland
Ignore Origins, get Arkham Asylum and Arkham City instead.

Arkham Origins is more like a spin-off game, also it's not made by Rocksteady Studios (who made Asylum and City).
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Mauri said:
Ignore Origins, get Arkham Asylum and Arkham City instead.

Arkham Origins is more like a spin-off game, also it's not made by Rocksteady Studios (who made Asylum and City).
Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
So, I just finished Deadpool, and I can tell you this: only grab it if you're interested in Deadpool as a character.
The game is suprisingly fun to play, but it's really short, and can be finished in no time.
Still, it has Deadpools typical completely batshit insane hijinks, such as commenting on every kill ("Aww, that's my favorite bullet! Can ya bring it back?"), telling the player off if you get hit ("Give the controller to someone who CAN play") and a complete scene in which you have to shoot baddies in a big foot.
Some cameos by X-men characters, but nothing noteworthy except for Cable.

So, in short. It's a nice hack and slash game, made great by Deadpools hilarious antics. Like I said, only get it if you like Deadpool as a character.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
So, I just finished Deadpool, and I can tell you this: only grab it if you're interested in Deadpool as a character.
The game is suprisingly fun to play, but it's really short, and can be finished in no time.
Still, it has Deadpools typical completely batshit insane hijinks, such as commenting on every kill ("Aww, that's my favorite bullet! Can ya bring it back?"), telling the player off if you get hit ("Give the controller to someone who CAN play") and a complete scene in which you have to shoot baddies in a big foot.
Some cameos by X-men characters, but nothing noteworthy except for Cable.

So, in short. It's a nice hack and slash game, made great by Deadpools hilarious antics. Like I said, only get it if you like Deadpool as a character.
Thanks for the review, will give it a try when I'm back in Belgium.
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
 

RockStar248

Hey guys, I got steam :P
Messages
447
Location
In my house.
Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
I was looking forward to playing this game, but when I got it loaded I noticed something I had seen before... from Titanfall but it wasn't as bad. Basically, I just have my character models stretching and stuff, but I fucking loved every second of playing it though! :biggrin:
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
RockStar248 said:
Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
I was looking forward to playing this game, but when I got it loaded I noticed something I had seen before... from Titanfall but it wasn't as bad. Basically, I just have my character models stretching and stuff, but I fucking loved every second of playing it though! :biggrin:
Only models? Or did you get a different ratio on your screen? Could be that your screen isn't set up right.
Deadpool game has got me reading the Deadpool comics. God those are great.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
Sounds neato, will dl when I get home.
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
Sounds neato, will dl when I get home.
Be warned, it's a 42Gb download.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Continued with Wolfenstein: The New Order. It's fucking awesome. It's a FPS like it's supposed to be. Oldschool shootin' Nazi's with a machine gun, with enemies dropping loot instead of 45 different types of weapons.
But the biggest reason you should get this?
Dual wield EVERYTHING BABY!
Sounds neato, will dl when I get home.
Be warned, it's a 42Gb download.
Oh wow. This is gonna take a while..
 

Mauri

Custom title here
Global Moderator
Messages
7,452
Location
Finland
It's been a wild ride, but I finally did it!

ad26779907.jpg


Now I can wait for Rebirth :biggrin:
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
^Christ almighty man.

Destiny is an amazing game. It's like WoW in space, with guns. It has its flaws, sure (shadows are blocky, and the persistent online is quite annoying if you have a dodgy network), but overall I really, really like it. And bonus: Amazing cast.
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
Shadow Of Mordor = Assassin's Creed VI: Mordor Edition.

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.
 

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Messages
220,163
Location
Belgium
Stybar said:
Shadow Of Mordor = Assassin's Creed VI: Mordor Edition.

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.
Never played AC, probably should give it a try..
 

Panki

BOFH
Messages
13,100
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Shadow Of Mordor = Assassin's Creed VI: Mordor Edition.

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.
Never played AC, probably should give it a try..
Skip AC1 though. It's incredibly repetitive. Start at AC2.
 

Stybar

Yeah, groupsex seems to be the way to go
Messages
15,283
Panki said:
Mave said:
Stybar said:
Shadow Of Mordor = Assassin's Creed VI: Mordor Edition.

Really, the entire game is incredibly like AC. It's really nice to play, and it's an amazing game, but don't get it if you disliked the gameplay/style of AC.
Never played AC, probably should give it a try..
Skip AC1 though. It's incredibly repetitive. Start at AC2.
Well, 1 does give some pointers in the story line, but otherwise it's entirely skippable because it's always sneak, stab, eavesdrop, kill, repeat. AC2, ACB and ACR (the Ezio trilogy) are by far the best, although much can be said for the vast open sea of ACIV.
 
Top Bottom