Technology: General Discussion

I never looked properly into ultrawide monitors because I like having different things open at the same time (even different inputs like PC on left screen, Xbox on right screen). Well apparently some ultrawide screens support this, so you can just set hdmi to go to the left side of your screen and dvi/vga/second hdmi to the other half... It's the perfect dual monitor setup.. with NO BEZELS. Damn this is neat.

However not every ultrawide monitor has this feature, the LG 34UC80-B has though, feature is called PBP (picture by picture)

AVRWTUJ.png

bXGGaHM.jpg

Pretty neat imo!

If only those things didn't cost a fucking arm and a leg.
We have UW displays at work. I've tried them once, they're nice for coding, but I still prefer the double 16:9 screens. Personal preference, though.

If only those things didn't cost a fucking arm and a leg.
We have UW displays at work. I've tried them once, they're nice for coding, but I still prefer the double 16:9 screens. Personal preference, though.
Idd, the pricing is ridiculous.

I sure miss the good old days when you bought software for life.
Every fucking program/app/extension has monthly payments now.

I was looking into Shopify and the extensions (like langify for multilang) actually cost $20.. A MONTH

I sure miss the good old days when you bought software for life.
Every fucking program/app/extension has monthly payments now.

I was looking into Shopify and the extensions (like langify for multilang) actually cost $20.. A MONTH

It's the best way to combat piracy, I guess...
Also, people accept it now. Monthly subscriptions are a part of daily life, and companies are banking on it. Hard.

It's the best way to combat piracy, I guess...
Also, people accept it now. Monthly subscriptions are a part of daily life, and companies are banking on it. Hard.
Monthly subscriptions for stuff like Netflix and Spotify I understand. Monthly subscriptions for something that you install once and doesn't need updates.. I don't.

MyProject
MyProject2
NewProject
New_Project
ProjectTest
TestProject

After some research I decided what my sound setup is going to be when I move into the apartment in February.
(Gotta have good sound quality to come with the OLED TV :afro:)

First thing I learned is: all soundbars are crap (read: under €1000 euros), at least according to https://www.reddit.com/r/hometheater/ and some other sites/videos that I read/watched.
If you want good quality, a system that lasts forever, and expand-ability you need to go with:
  • Receiver
  • Front speakers
  • Optional: subwoofer
More speakers can be added later for 5.1 or 7.1 setups.

I already have an old Sony receiver but I use that one for DJ'ing only.
For the receiver I went with the Denon AVR-X1400H, apparently the best bang-for-your-buck. It also comes with wifi, bluetooth, airplay, spotify,.. and supports up to 7.2 surround. (€300)
https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/homecinema/avreceiver/avrx1400h

bTHyYr8.jpg

For the speakers I chose a set of the Elac DEBUT 2.0 B6.2. Audio quality appears (according to reviews and reddit) insanely good, and the bass is so deep that I won't need a subwoofer to start with. (might add one later though) (€179x2)
https://www.elac.com/product/b6-2/

RqONnDB.jpg

So in total this is gonna cost me €658 while a "proper" soundbar like the Sony HT-ST5000 is €1100

Damn, that's some serious hardware.
Meanwhile, I still use a Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker set. Works great, even after 5 years.

Damn, that's some serious hardware.
Meanwhile, I still use a Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker set. Works great, even after 5 years.
Looks neat, I'll only have 2.0 for a long while, but I'm sure I can convince the gf in a few months to let me add a sub ::3:

Come on, a sub is the most essential thing! Nothing better than a couch shaking bass while watching a scary movie or listening to music.

Come on, a sub is the most essential thing! Nothing better than a couch shaking bass while watching a scary movie or listening to music.
I sadly will have neighbors, but a sub is definitely the next big purchase after the TV and sound. (will have to wait a few months though, also want to save some cash)

Will do. Any recommendations on a benchmark tool?

Back
Top Bottom