SA-MP Market - no more

When Seif opens up new one I hope it stays up. *cough-new-theme-cough*

Their request is blatantly incorrect.
As Andre pointed out, SA-MP is the modification which is being given away for free.
SA-MP scripts are not governed by the terms of the GTA:SA EULA, because they themself do nothing. You don't have to have a copy of GTA:SA to code a SA-MP script.

The one point which is kind of valid is the fact that many people use other peoples' functions in their scripts which they then sell. They don't have the author's permission to sell their function - however, something like that can easily be avoided by stating that you're only selling your code, and other code portions used are being distributed with it.
Although many portions of code, and scripts, are licensed under GPL anyway.

I always had a plan to create a website to enable easy script buying/selling... maybe now will be the time to make it.

EDIT: Heh, I notice in the e-mail there was actually no mention of where your website was hosted, or any domain. "samp market" isn't even it's name. I wonder who wrote that... Kye usually has better grammar than that.

ev0lution said:
Their request is blatantly incorrect.
As Andre pointed out, SA-MP is the modification which is being given away for free.
SA-MP scripts are not governed by the terms of the GTA:SA EULA, because they themself do nothing. You don't have to have a copy of GTA:SA to code a SA-MP script.

The one point which is kind of valid is the fact that many people use other peoples' functions in their scripts which they then sell. They don't have the author's permission to sell their function - however, something like that can easily be avoided by stating that you're only selling your code, and other code portions used are being distributed with it.
Although many portions of code, and scripts, are licensed under GPL anyway.

I always had a plan to create a website to enable easy script buying/selling... maybe now will be the time to make it.

EDIT: Heh, I notice in the e-mail there was actually no mention of where your website was hosted, or any domain. "samp market" isn't even it's name. I wonder who wrote that... Kye usually has better grammar than that.
Prob Dugi caz his a cunt

ev0lution said:
I'm actually planning on making a feature in my future Market forum that will trade a script for money.
So basically we would have a section where you can put up a script for sale(this excludes making a topic to advertise about it) and people can buy a script via a button and it would redirect to PayPal. Once the payment is sent, due to PayPal's possibility, we'd send the buyer a download link.

Seif said:
ev0lution said:
I'm actually planning on making a feature in my future Market forum that will trade a script for money.
So basically we would have a section where you can put up a script for sale(this excludes making a topic to advertise about it) and people can buy a script via a button and it would redirect to PayPal. Once the payment is sent, due to PayPal's possibility, we'd send the buyer a download link.
Were waiting stop talkin and do your job xD jk.
Well thanks seif for making a rebirth of SAMP Market ;p

:sir:
berry said:
Seif said:
ev0lution said:
Were waiting stop talkin and do your job xD jk.
Well thanks seif for making a rebirth of SAMP Market ;p

Hello!? Praise the guy who bought the domain :E

Seif said:
ev0lution said:

Whoa!Love the idea..Good luck developing that.

Although I won't be participating, I wish you the best with the new market, Seif.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but have you contacted anyone from the SA-MP team about this? The reason I ask is because it is actually possible to set a fake 'sender' email to make it look like an email has come from a specific email address (team@sa-mp.com for eg). It's uncommon, but is a possibility that someone could've been messing with you.

Andre said:
Do you know that Valhalla's SA-MP server was removed from the master list because they introduced an ID system to their MTA system to ease up player identifications? That's exactly what Kye did, I didn't have a single idea that identification by numbers is the property of SA-MP.com

Uhhh... No, it was because vG was DDoSing other roleplay servers along with the servers on the good old Official list not to mention their techie was keylogging other server operators to gain access to their servers.

I know this topic is ridiculously old, but, I have brought a SA-MP Market back. http://www.gametrade.sx

Obviously it's focused on SA-MP, but it will have other markets too. However, I will never take this site down, even if I get a childish request from he who shall not be named. The site is pretty much brand new, and without any real way of advertising because the SA-MP forum mods are a bunch of bastards, I need help building the community back up to what it once was on sites like multimart and avovix.

Doritos said:
I know this topic is ridiculously old, but, I have brought a SA-MP Market back. http://www.gametrade.sx

Obviously it's focused on SA-MP, but it will have other markets too. However, I will never take this site down, even if I get a childish request from he who shall not be named. The site is pretty much brand new, and without any real way of advertising because the SA-MP forum mods are a bunch of bastards, I need help building the community back up to what it once was on sites like multimart and avovix.

Well talk about beating a dead horse...

Panki said:
Doritos said:

Well talk about beating a dead horse...
It's actually pretty impressive. And not even a spambot!

Back
Top Bottom