General music discussion thread

RIP MF DOOM, to be honest I never really listened to him, but after reading all the positive things about his music, I'm gonna dive right in tomorrow.
Apearantly he died back in October, but his family waited until NYE to drop the news?

Also, some of the producers who worked with him held a memorial stream on Twitch - which was shut down due to DMCA strikes.

Apearantly he died back in October, but his family waited until NYE to drop the news?

Also, some of the producers who worked with him held a memorial stream on Twitch - which was shut down due to DMCA strikes.
I assume they kept it quiet to let them mourn in peace first? I can understand that.
And yeah Twitch being Twitch again.. Also a sad fact: record companies earn a ton more once the artist dies...

Why do I get the feeling that Kanye's next album is going to be some high level incel shit?
The dude has mental issues, no doubt. I would absolutely not be surprised if he were to pour some stress from the divorce into his music.

Why do I get the feeling that Kanye's next album is going to be some high level incel shit?
The dude has mental issues, no doubt. I would absolutely not be surprised if he were to pour some stress from the divorce into his music.
He's always been known to be a person with mental health issues, add a divorce to that and you've got a dangerous combination. Hopefully he'll turn that into music instead of something else.

:(
Man this sucks major ass.. I was still hoping to see them live someday :( And enjoy a new album or two.
After missing the 1997 (I was 7) and 2007 (No idea why I missed this..) and disappointment of no tour in 2017, this is the end.

Today I found out that Metallica played for +1 million Russians in 1992. Absolutely insane.

Oh, I remember reading about that... Wasn't that the first big "western" concert to ever hit Russia/USSR?

Oh, I remember reading about that... Wasn't that the first big "western" concert to ever hit Russia/USSR?
Yup, can you imagine being there as a Soviet youth? Being made to believe the US is evil, then Metallica comes over and hosts the best metal concert in.. forever?

Yup, can you imagine being there as a Soviet youth? Being made to believe the US is evil, then Metallica comes over and hosts the best metal concert in.. forever?
Funnily enough, the youth were getting more and more accustomed to Western media near the end of the USSR. There are of course the infamous X-Ray records. But, the way I understand it, is that most of the USSR-approved media was produced in Estonia. Which was close enough to Finland, and was thus picking up traces of "western" broadcasts. That influence crept into the USSR media, and slowly introduced the Soviet youth to Western stuff.

The whole collapse of the USSR is fascinating stuff. If you have 15 minutes, I recommend watching this.

Funnily enough, the youth were getting more and more accustomed to Western media near the end of the USSR. There are of course the infamous X-Ray records. But, the way I understand it, is that most of the USSR-approved media was produced in Estonia. Which was close enough to Finland, and was thus picking up traces of "western" broadcasts. That influence crept into the USSR media, and slowly introduced the Soviet youth to Western stuff.

The whole collapse of the USSR is fascinating stuff. If you have 15 minutes, I recommend watching this.
Will check it once I get home!

RIP DMX like @Mauri pointed out in the “What are you listening to right now?” Thread..
It’s sad really.. he was in jail most of his adult life, and did try to turn his life around a few years ago. He leaves 15 kids alone without a father.

RIP DMX like @Mauri pointed out in the “What are you listening to right now?” Thread..
It’s sad really.. he was in jail most of his adult life, and did try to turn his life around a few years ago. He leaves 15 kids alone without a father.
X is no longer gonna give it to ya :(
Dude had a major drug problem, too. IIRC, there were rumors that the cause of death was an overdose?

He's not wrong.

bGQfaBn.jpg

Ah yes, the curse of the One Hit Wonder.

IIRC, some Belgian radio stations tried pushing his second single as well, but it never really got traction here.

Abba is going to release a new album after 40 years.. Unless this is unreleased songs from decades ago, I just can't see this ending up good.

Back
Top Bottom