General Gaming Discussion Thread

One game off from my never-ending backlog, GTA IV. Finally went through the main story plus DLC's which I never played before. Very good experience, such a great game!
Nice! I liked the DLC's as well, though TBOGT > TLAD

Gaming history was made today.

X6d4p0x.jpeg

Important remark: H2LASO is a well-known challenge and has been completed before, but it's mostly doable due to one of the "skulls" (modifiers to make the game harder). That particular skull made you invisible if you activated your flashlight, which made large parts of the game much easier. Still hard as balls, but doable.

This particular challenge, however, was to complete the challenge without that particular skull, making it incredibly more difficult. I've seen clips of people trying it, and getting assblasted immediately when they entered a combat zone. And with the "no deaths" rule, that means you gotta start way from the beginning. On top of that, no saving/loading was allowed. The entire thing had to be completed in one sitting.

Completing it is an insane feat of gaming. Props to that guy. 20k well earned.

Important remark: H2LASO is a well-known challenge and has been completed before, but it's mostly doable due to one of the "skulls" (modifiers to make the game harder). That particular skull made you invisible if you activated your flashlight, which made large parts of the game much easier. Still hard as balls, but doable.

This particular challenge, however, was to complete the challenge without that particular skull, making it incredibly more difficult. I've seen clips of people trying it, and getting assblasted immediately when they entered a combat zone. And with the "no deaths" rule, that means you gotta start way from the beginning. On top of that, no saving/loading was allowed. The entire thing had to be completed in one sitting.

Completing it is an insane feat of gaming. Props to that guy. 20k well earned.
20k in 40 days is not a bad pay indeed. Huge respect to the guy.

Currently trying to go through The Witcher trilogy, I should have lots of good content for a good while! These games have been in my backlog for so long too

Currently trying to go through The Witcher trilogy, I should have lots of good content for a good while! These games have been in my backlog for so long too
How's that going so far? You already in the last game?

Time to collect all the skins!

G5JFwFT.jpeg

Just a story, The Witcher 1 has nice amount of side content, but you also spend a lot running around which eats time :biggrin:
Bit of a bump, but isn't one of the "side content" collecting all the cards you get from... meeting ladies?

Yes there is! I wonder how they will deal with that in a remake
:biggrin:
Depends if they're going the Director's Cut way or not:

Each card is initially presented during a "romantic cut scene". These cut scenes all open showing a hazy red closeup of Geralt leaning in suggestively to make love to an NPC. The romance card image is then overlaid. Originally, the North American edition of the game had the more prudish versions of the cards, i.e. with covered or lacking nipples and buttocks, but with the release of the Director's Cut patch uncensored cards are now available in North America without the use of modifications.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a toggleable setting somewhere.

New need for speed!
new need for speed actually good?
new need for speed not completely cringe?

what happen? Why good?

Been playing for a few hours, and only just made it out of the tutorial/intro part of the game. It's fun. The handling is still very similar to Heat, and it's clear they intended for flashy, drifty driving. But, going full grip and hitting apex' is also viable - just not with a stock car. Bolt just a few upgrades to your ride though, and you're good to go. Currently I'm using a Eclipse with some performance upgrades, and it's going great. I'm not hitting 3 stars in any side activities, but it's only the beginning of the game. There are also full-on drift events, but I haven't tried them yet. Mostly because I set up my car to be a grip car, not a drifter.

Story mode seems to be a major step up from Heat, too. It's still very "young people" focused, but it's... real-er, less "hello fellow kids". There are jokes that make sense, dialogue that doesn't make your body recoil in horrible cringe, and there is actual tension between characters.

The only downside I think of is the fixed calendar schedule. Without too much spoilers: after the intro, you are told to take part in a Grand finale race, and to qualify, you have to win 4 qualifiers. But, each qualifier has specific requirements, and you are given one week to reach those requirements. One week subsists of 6 days, each with a day and night cycle. Returning to your garage ends a cycle, so you can only really go back to swap cars or make modifications 11 times before the story forces you into the next step. It makes sense to prevent people from just grinding away, ignoring the story, but... It feels very bad, especially in the beginning.

Graphics wise, it's a banger. Frostbite 2 is pretty as ever, and the anime-looking effects all over the game don't feel weird or out of place. Well, to me, at least. You're still stuck with the whole graffiti thing whenever you make a jump or pull off a drift, so if you're really against that aesthetic, you're gonna have a bad time..

It's €70. Them's the breaks. It's a lot. Worth it? Ehn, debatable... The game is fun, and it seems to be massive, but the online mode is unfinished. Literally. Some features have been disabled, with the promise that they'll "return after a few updates". Sounds like they found unacceptable bugs that they need to iron out, but... Support for Heat got dropped after a few months, so I hope this game doesn't get the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom