General Gaming Discussion Thread

More info from the investors call:

"3 new iterations of previously-released titles"
Interesting..

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

8j8HQHG.png

That's if they returned them. Too many games I had disappeared into the hands of my brother's friends.

Sony's SATE OF PLAY is happening this Thursday!

I only care about E&E though.

So, Valve just came out with the Steam Deck: https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck
Looks to be a direct challenger to the Switch. But this console holds a massive game library... With full backwards compatibility, to boot. If the hardware delivers, this could spell a serious opposition to Nintendo.

FINALLY the Sony event has been announced. HOPEFULLY we'll get a sneak peak at the remastered GTA trilogy / GTA V E&E

It's probably because they're gonna bring out their own remaster. It's a bit of a scummy move, sure, but not illogical.

If the official remasters come out, the fan-made projects will most likely see almost no traffic anymore (why would you?), so it's a bit weird that they care so much, but... Well, copyright law is weird, and the suit is likely just to protect that copyright, and will just fizzle to nothing.

It's probably because they're gonna bring out their own remaster. It's a bit of a scummy move, sure, but not illogical.

If the official remasters come out, the fan-made projects will most likely see almost no traffic anymore (why would you?), so it's a bit weird that they care so much, but... Well, copyright law is weird, and the suit is likely just to protect that copyright, and will just fizzle to nothing.
Shutting it down -okay
Suing them.. fuck no.

Shutting it down -okay
Suing them.. fuck no.
Again, I'm not too experienced in copyright law, but it's possible that they have to sue, in order to keep the copyright. I've read somewhere that if you don't defend your copyright, it expires. And sending a cease and desist might not be enough.

Still a sucky situation, though.

It's KOTOR, right? I heard they were making a remake, and it's one of the best reviewed Star Wars games ever, so...

Back
Top Bottom