General music discussion thread

Just discovered the 'black' metal band "Body Count". I had never heard them before, sadly I found out that 3/6th of the group has already passed away...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Count_(band)
Three out of the band's original six members are deceased: D-Roc died from lymphoma, Beatmaster V from leukemia and Mooseman in a drive-by shooting.

They have a pretty unique sound since the vocalist is black, and to my knowledge it's the only black metal singer.

The result is pretty good, also since they are black then can scream the N word, which first had me thinking this was a really racist metal band :laugh:

I'm starting to realize that I'm one of the only people in my group of friends who still prefers downloading music and "owning" the mp3's myself instead of the Spotify model.
Datahoarder forever.

Mave said:
I'm starting to realize that I'm one of the only people in my group of friends who still prefers downloading music and "owning" the mp3's myself instead of the Spotify model.
Datahoarder forever.
It's less illegal, I guess. But I like having offline copies of my music.

Totally forgot Interpol existed until I heard them on the radio earlier this week.
Used to love Evil.

Checking out more of them, already like The Rover, Rest My Chemistry, The Heinrich Maneuver.

I've started building a collection of the best concerts available in blu-ray (both audio and video wise)
If anyone is interested I'll post the list here.

Ennio Morricone's concert yesterday was epic to say the least. Goosebumps all over when he played the "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" theme.

And "The Ecstacy Of Gold":
(live singer walked on stage for this)

Guy is bloody 90 years old, still going strong!

So I listen to music at work, and I usually just turn on a song I like, and let it go from there. YouTube autoplay usually recommends some nice songs.

Thing is, I've discovered severals bands I like in this manner, but I realized they're all from Italy. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if YouTube is trying to say something...

So I listen to music at work, and I usually just turn on a song I like, and let it go from there. YouTube autoplay usually recommends some nice songs.

Thing is, I've discovered severals bands I like in this manner, but I realized they're all from Italy. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if YouTube is trying to say something...
Marone! That can't be a coincidence.
This might be an odd question, but... are you also growing out your mustache and looking to pursue a career in plumbing?

Yes! And I also bought this snazzy red hat. You think I should get a matching overall?

Yes! And I also bought this snazzy red hat. You think I should get a matching overall?
As long as it's a green one.

NFS U2 memories...

Riders On The Storm - Snoop Dogg ft. The Doors

I cannot find a descent mp3 of this song anywhere, very frustrating.

Not as WTF, but still pretty odd.

Also, while the music is absolutely worthless, I can't stop listening.

It was only today, after downloading a Black Sabbath concert, that I realized Ozzy is Black Sabbath's singer. What the hell. How did I not know/realize this earlier?

Yeah, until they kicked him out because of excessive alcohol/drug use. He was replaced by Dio shortly after.

Looks like I learned even more today! Also not surprised.
...And after Dio left, the role of lead singer switched... a lot, until they ended with Tony Martin. Who was replaced again with Dio. And then back to Tony Martin. And then back to Ozzy, before switching back to Dio, and finally settling on Ozzy again.

Seriously, check out the member list. The only constant is Tommy Iommi, the lead guitar player. The rest of the positions is a weird game of hot potato.

...And after Dio left, the role of lead singer switched... a lot, until they ended with Tony Martin. Who was replaced again with Dio. And then back to Tony Martin. And then back to Ozzy, before switching back to Dio, and finally settling on Ozzy again.

Seriously, check out the member list. The only constant is Tommy Iommi, the lead guitar player. The rest of the positions is a weird game of hot potato.
Damn. Looks like a lot of metal bands from the 70s-80s had this problem.

Led Zeppelin didn't, until Bonham died. Same with Queen, and Mercury's death.

An entire Eminem album got dropped out of nowhere and apparently it’s really good. Can’t wait to hear it but gotta sleep now or I won’t survive tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom