Welcome to the TMS SA-MP server

Just an update: of course this project is still ongoing.
Our skilled scripter (Jstylezzz) however is really busy with his internship at the moment, but once he finishes he'll have a lot of time to bring the gamemode up to speed.

Pretty funny, I just went to re-install sa-mp for nostalgia reasons and logged on here and what do I see, keen as!

Just an update: of course this project is still ongoing.
Our skilled scripter (Jstylezzz) however is really busy with his internship at the moment, but once he finishes he'll have a lot of time to bring the gamemode up to speed.
Just got an update from Jstylezzz that his intership ends July 6th, so in the days/weeks after the server will undergo a LOT of updates.

After further evaluation we decided to not release a half-assed script on 8/8/2018, but will release a proper version by the end of August.

Hey everyone

Let me start off by apologizing for the massive delay in delivering what was designed to be ready for last August. I don't want to justify the delay or anything, just putting my situation out here.
At the time I jumped on board, I had just started my internship at a gamedev studio. During weekdays nearly all of my time goes into work and driving from/to the office.
Somewhere in April I had some personal tough times (you know, relationship issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and adding that to my already stressful daily life, didn't allow me for any energy afterwards to work much.
Last week a family member of mine was hospitalized and I wanted to be there for support, so I abandoned my internship for a week and stayed there.
I know this all doesn't fix the massive delay, just wanted to let you guys know that it's not just me slacking off or not caring about the project. Quite the opposite actually, I can't wait to play online with everyone! SA-MP has been the place for a lot of my good memories back in 2010, so it's an honor to be on board here.

Now, long story short, I'm on my way to finish the internship. I'll be done in a few weeks, after which I'll have more time to work on the TMS SA-MP server. I'll be giving the project priority over my own projects.

Again, my sincere apologies. I'll be doing my best to get something cool done as fast (but still as stable) as I can.
Thanks Mave for allowing me to stay on board, let's craft something really cool :thumbsup:

Hey everyone

Let me start off by apologizing for the massive delay in delivering what was designed to be ready for last August. I don't want to justify the delay or anything, just putting my situation out here.
At the time I jumped on board, I had just started my internship at a gamedev studio. During weekdays nearly all of my time goes into work and driving from/to the office.
Somewhere in April I had some personal tough times (you know, relationship issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and adding that to my already stressful daily life, didn't allow me for any energy afterwards to work much.
Last week a family member of mine was hospitalized and I wanted to be there for support, so I abandoned my internship for a week and stayed there.
I know this all doesn't fix the massive delay, just wanted to let you guys know that it's not just me slacking off or not caring about the project. Quite the opposite actually, I can't wait to play online with everyone! SA-MP has been the place for a lot of my good memories back in 2010, so it's an honor to be on board here.

Now, long story short, I'm on my way to finish the internship. I'll be done in a few weeks, after which I'll have more time to work on the TMS SA-MP server. I'll be giving the project priority over my own projects.

Again, my sincere apologies. I'll be doing my best to get something cool done as fast (but still as stable) as I can.
Thanks Mave for allowing me to stay on board, let's craft something really cool :thumbsup:

No need to apologize, I know the past year has been crazy busy for you. We'll get there eventually. I know I'm still hyped for this :afro:

I just wanted to give a small update: @Jstylezzz is currently putting the finishing touches on the server foundation.
As soon as that is ready, the new, mostly blank server will be online again (password protected of course).
From that moment things will start to go fast and we should have all maps and basic features up within a reasonable amount of time.

I just wanted to give a small update: @Jstylezzz is currently putting the finishing touches on the server foundation.
As soon as that is ready, the new, mostly blank server will be online again (password protected of course).
From that moment things will start to go fast and we should have all maps and basic features up within a reasonable amount of time.

Yes!
The base we're laying now is very important. It'll allow us to have a very fluent development & testing workflow from the moment that this system is in place.
As soon as the base mode is running on a dev samp server instance, I'll be posting some dev-log type posts over at the 'Development' board of the TMS SA-MP Server section. There I'll give some insights to these workflow things too, so that should be fun (for those that are interested) :biggrin:

You can never be too safe. Tonight I've decided that the TMS SA-MP server will run on a completely different VPS than the forums. This way they will never be able to interfere with each-other and shouldn't ever be offline at the same time.
Thanks for the security advice @Donald and I'm sure @Panki will approve.

BTW: @Jstylezzz is 99% done with the deployment system. If all goes well the server should be completely set up tomorrow and the "real" development could start.

Good call. Damn, with all this infrastructure you'd almost need a monitoring server... :wink:

Seriously hit me up if there is a need, my VPS is bored to shit and I might just setup a Zabbix/Iciniga/whatever floats your boat

Been mapping like crazy the past few days, some fun things in the pipeline!

Guys, just a small update. @Jstylezzz is still developing for the server. He streamed programming for the server today for 5 hours straight! :thumbsup:

Make sure to check him out on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jstylezzz

Back
Top Bottom