U.S.A. News and Politics

Damn that's awfully close indeed.
Tribalism is one hell of a drug.
I heard about people voting for a borderline insane Republican (Walker), just because he was Republican. Never mind the Democrat candidate was a literal pastor, he wasn't a "real one" because he wasn't Republican.

Tribalism is one hell of a drug.
I heard about people voting for a borderline insane Republican (Walker), just because he was Republican. Never mind the Democrat candidate was a literal pastor, he wasn't a "real one" because he wasn't Republican.
Sounds like solid Republican logic.

Lmao

JQTV48Q.jpeg

It took them 3 HOURS to execute the last guy. Yikes.

So:
Denying that prison officials or law enforcement are to blame for the problems, Ivey said “legal tactics and criminals hijacking the system are at play here.”

And the cause for the failed execution? They couldn't find the vein in time to get the IV started. And since the IV wasn't inserted before midnight on the final day (and thus the execution not, er, executed), the order of execution was no longer valid.

It sounds as if she's blaming someone for sabotaging the executions? But it seems to me to just be incompetence, or rather shitty coincidence that three prisoners have hard-to-find veins.

inb4 they reconstitute the firing squad.

So:

And the cause for the failed execution? They couldn't find the vein in time to get the IV started. And since the IV wasn't inserted before midnight on the final day (and thus the execution not, er, executed), the order of execution was no longer valid.

It sounds as if she's blaming someone for sabotaging the executions? But it seems to me to just be incompetence, or rather shitty coincidence that three prisoners have hard-to-find veins.

inb4 they reconstitute the firing squad.
At least it'll be over faster.
I say we go full France 18th century. Bring back the guillotine.

At least it'll be over faster.
I say we go full France 18th century. Bring back the guillotine.
Funnily enough, the guillotine was invented to make executions less horrible for convicts! Before that, the usual method was decapitation by axe. Except that sometimes, the axeman would... miss. Hitting shoulders, or backs, or not hitting the neck properly and only severing it partly. The guillotine ensured a quick, clean cut on every use.

I remember reading something about an execution by lethal injection that went wrong, causing the convict to suffer for a few hours, because the cocktail wasn't mixed properly? Not sure. In any case, the guillotine would be a more humane method, in that situation.

Funnily enough, the guillotine was invented to make executions less horrible for convicts! Before that, the usual method was decapitation by axe. Except that sometimes, the axeman would... miss. Hitting shoulders, or backs, or not hitting the neck properly and only severing it partly. The guillotine ensured a quick, clean cut on every use.

I remember reading something about an execution by lethal injection that went wrong, causing the convict to suffer for a few hours, because the cocktail wasn't mixed properly? Not sure. In any case, the guillotine would be a more humane method, in that situation.
And let's not forget: it's a free event for the whole town to enjoy!

Learned this from the mall santa selfie in a secure storage room on Reddit

X1rVQJU.jpeg

Mall of America on lockdown due to active shooter

Fucking "Alpha males", man. Some of the biggest cringe there is.

And they all bank on sad losers thinking that it's somehow desirable to be like that, and are willing to pay for it.

Fucking "Alpha males", man. Some of the biggest cringe there is.

And they all bank on sad losers thinking that it's somehow desirable to be like that, and are willing to pay for it.
At least they're escaping the matrix! /s

Back
Top Bottom