The Russian invasion of Ukraine

You are now unable to buy a plane ticket in Russia.
Biggest fear among the people is: who is going to be mobilized, and when? Are the borders gonna close?

Read a comment from a Russian dude, apparently all flights have been sold out, not blocked. Borders are also still open. There are plenty of Telegram channels that advise which passings are still available to people.
I imagine this won't last long, though... AFAIK, while they called it a "partial mobilization", the exact wording means that they call upon every person with military training. But, since there is a required 1 year service for every adult male in Russia, it basically means that every capable adult male in Russia is eligible for deployment. And I can see almost every capable adult male in Russia wanting to gtfo asap.

Limiting factor is, and remains, the Russian army's supply chain. You can draft a million unwilling souls, but if you can't give them a gun or get them where you want them, they ain't gonna be effective. And that supply chain has been struggling since day one. Turns out that deep seated corruption has a negative effect on the workings of a massive system, who knew?

My guess? Putin is gambling on Ukraine's defenses being strained by manpower. Even with NATO's backing and armaments, if they can muster up, say, 500k underequipped soldiers while Ukraine can only respond with 50k, it's a bloody calculation in favor of Russia.

That's my guess, anyway. Don't take it for granted - I'm just an idiot armchair general who sees some bits of news and makes asinine assumptions.
Who knows, maybe this draft will make the Russian population finally rise up and Putin will be dead before winter comes, which ends the war, stops the major energy crisis, and everyone can live happily ever after.

Turns out that deep seated corruption has a negative effect on the workings of a massive system, who knew?
Surprised Pikachu

Who knows, maybe this draft will make the Russian population finally rise up and Putin will be dead before winter comes, which ends the war, stops the major energy crisis, and everyone can live happily ever after.
One can only hope.

Oh how the turntables...

6s5qnuy.png

Something something leopards eating faces something something.

Also known as the NIMBY situation suddenly becoming IMBY.

Or more commonly known as the "asshole idiot".

Also, fuck that guy for trying to get a Sabaton reference in there.

Something something leopards eating faces something something.

Also known as the NIMBY situation suddenly becoming IMBY.

Or more commonly known as the "asshole idiot".

Also, fuck that guy for trying to get a Sabaton reference in there.
What's the Sabaton reference?

Ah, I'm sure Sabaton themselves aren't cool with this either.
Considering the fact that they have had to defend themselves against accusations of being Nazi's for quite some time, yes, I'd say they're not happy with being associated with Russian troops now.

On the other hand... They performed in occupied Crimeaa while back, and were as a result banned from performing in Ukraine.

Considering the fact that they have had to defend themselves against accusations of being Nazi's for quite some time, yes, I'd say they're not happy with being associated with Russian troops now.

On the other hand... They performed in occupied Crimeaa while back, and were as a result banned from performing in Ukraine.
Oof, not the smartest decision...

Finland has filed a declaration of intervention against Russia for genocide in the International Court of Justice.

That makes Finland the 14th country, after Latvia, Lithuania, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Germany, the US, Sweden, France, Romania, Italy, Poland, Denmark and Ireland. Where are Belgium and The Netherlands at though?

SIfDQcC.png

Straight out of a Monty Python skit.

Russians counting blank ballots without even looking at them as yes votes in the “referendum“.

Back
Top Bottom