The Russian invasion of Ukraine

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I really was hoping I wouldn't need to create this topic...

I saw some twitch clips flying by of Ukrainian streamers. Shit is wild, indeed. (reddit links, because linking the clip directly gets messed up, somehow?)

Also, lol:

^ Fuck man.

This Tweet is no longer valid.. they've now occupied Chernobyl.

Can you imagine stumbling upon this??
Posted by @Panki on the Discord.

y9oePdk.png

And now he's spewing bullshit that Putin is a great guy, and that it's just him securing his southern border against a threatening invasion.

Some other dumbfuck was drawing parallels with Canada and the US, but it was completely out of whack. I did not see the whole "Republicans supporting Putin" shtick coming, but in hindsight, I should've.

So, my GF works with international shipping, and purchasing, and that includes Russian companies using SWIFT. According to her, international trading has suffered not that much from the banning of SWIFT. Most companies just have a seat in a different country, where they can still use SWIFT. Payments for those companies just carry on as usual.

It mostly hits the banks, and the people. Still a hefty blow, don't get me wrong, but nothing like the hit to the oligarchy that's needed.

So, my GF works with international shipping, and purchasing, and that includes Russian companies using SWIFT. According to her, international trading has suffered not that much from the banning of SWIFT. Most companies just have a seat in a different country, where they can still use SWIFT. Payments for those companies just carry on as usual.

It mostly hits the banks, and the people. Still a hefty blow, don't get me wrong, but nothing like the hit to the oligarchy that's needed.
Ah damnit, that was not what I wanted to hear.

Back
Top Bottom