The Russian invasion of Ukraine

I love this idea. In WWII the Germans had to resort to methamphetamines because of lack of caffeine.

lTXYOXH.png
The problem with this, and with companies such as IKEA, H&M, and PayPal blocking all deals in Russia, is that it hurts the common public more than the government. Already, some of the less internet-savvy people see the West as cruel for blocking stuff, because they don't realize that Russia is the aggressor here. They still get influenced by Russian propaganda that they are saving Ukraine, and how the evil NATO is preventing them from killing Nazi's.

Paypal is even worse, because there are plenty of Russian people who are less influenced by the russian state media, and are heavily against the whole war, but are now being punished. I follow a lot of artists on Twitter, and I see plenty of freelance Russian artists who are getting shafted, because they can no longer do any commisions because there is no more option for getting paid. Artists who, when the whole invasion started, immediately protested the whole thing.

The problem with this, and with companies such as IKEA, H&M, and PayPal blocking all deals in Russia, is that it hurts the common public more than the government. Already, some of the less internet-savvy people see the West as cruel for blocking stuff, because they don't realize that Russia is the aggressor here. They still get influenced by Russian propaganda that they are saving Ukraine, and how the evil NATO is preventing them from killing Nazi's.

Paypal is even worse, because there are plenty of Russian people who are less influenced by the russian state media, and are heavily against the whole war, but are now being punished. I follow a lot of artists on Twitter, and I see plenty of freelance Russian artists who are getting shafted, because they can no longer do any commisions because there is no more option for getting paid. Artists who, when the whole invasion started, immediately protested the whole thing.
But what CAN they do that only affects high ranking officials and Putin, but not the general public?

Man, this is starting to feel more and more like the whole Red Scare movement, back during the Cold War. The whole "everything russian is bad" thing will only further antagonize the regular Russian person.

Man, this is starting to feel more and more like the whole Red Scare movement, back during the Cold War. The whole "everything russian is bad" thing will only further antagonize the regular Russian person.
For real, and Russians can't even leave the country because the borders are closed.

What the actual fuck. People are getting arrested simply for talking to a TV news crew. The paper actually just said "Two words" in Russian.

Now THIS is some real 1984 shit.

Not because of having to wear masks, Karen, but because of an insane dictator silencing his population while blasting propaganda.

Now THIS is some real 1984 shit.

Not because of having to wear masks, Karen, but because of an insane dictator silencing his population while blasting propaganda.
Don't forget the riot police protecting the broadcast screen.

[h][/hr]

Putin is now officially a war criminal.

So, that's fucking big. The other main shipping line CMA CMG, and that one is also already pulling stuff out of Russia? Like I said earlier, my GF works in international shipping, and all of her contracts dealing with Russia go through Maersk or CMA CMG. If both pull out... With the Russian railway also in sanctions, it's basically an embargo on any trade going in or out of Russia.

Kinda sucks for Kazakhstan, whose trade mostly goes through Russia, though.

Back
Top Bottom