The GTA Remastered Trilogy | Discussion Thread (Post-announcement)

High quality version of the image:

2PnuoXX.jpeg

Last edited:
Newswire mirror since the Rockstar web servers can't handle the load.

r2C1PXV.png

There's a tiny chance we'll get a proper trailer tomorrow.
Also: "We're extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks -- stay tuned" is giving me PTSD.

I love how they re-drew the Vice City girl:
Original - 10 year anniversary - Definitive Edition Remaster

SamGhSq.png

I doubt that very much. Those pics are made in UE4 or 5. GTASA was written in RenderWare

I think something like the Mass Effect LE would be similar. It was created in the same engine as the OG trilogy, but looks pretty damn good. My guess is that the Definitive edition games will look similar: pretty damn good, but still clearly an older game.

The actual filenames

fBEk1uz.png
These filenames do indicate that they used Unreal Engine, but I guess we see about that.

More likely they just upped the game(s) a little bit and nothing even close to such a graphical upgrade like what Mave posted.

I doubt that very much. Those pics are made in UE4 or 5. GTASA was written in RenderWare

I think something like the Mass Effect LE would be similar. It was created in the same engine as the OG trilogy, but looks pretty damn good. My guess is that the Definitive edition games will look similar: pretty damn good, but still clearly an older game.
These filenames do indicate that they used Unreal Engine, but I guess we see about that.

More likely they just upped the game(s) a little bit and nothing even close to such a graphical upgrade like what Mave posted.
Rockstar also acquired Ruffian Games (they specialize in Unreal Engine) a year (or two ago) + what Mauri said, I can’t imagine the games not using UE, yet Rockstar naming the files “Unreal”.

Rockstar also acquired Ruffian Games (they specialize in Unreal Engine) a year (or two ago) + what Mauri said, I can’t imagine the games not using UE, yet Rockstar naming the files “Unreal”.
Are you saying that situation seems... unreal to you? :biggrin:

FR though, we'll just have to see. I expect nothing more than a graphics update, and maybe an upped sound quality? A complete rewrite of not one, but THREE games in a new engine seems like a lot of work.
Then again, it has been 8 years since GTAV came out.

Are you saying that situation seems... unreal to you? :biggrin:

FR though, we'll just have to see. I expect nothing more than a graphics update, and maybe an upped sound quality? A complete rewrite of not one, but THREE games in a new engine seems like a lot of work.
Then again, it has been 8 years since GTAV came out.
Oh man get real. :biggrin:
In all fairness I really really hope this is not going to be a disappointment. The next couple of weeks should tell us more.

Can't wait to hear this iconic line again.

I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin' second and fate shovels shit in my face! Go get some sleep. What are you gonna do? I'll drop by your office tomorrow and we can start sorting this mess out.

Back
Top Bottom