The Crew 2

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
thRGCKC.png

Bought the game yesterday! Gonna post everything TC2 related in here instead of cluttering the general gaming discussion thread. Mini review coming up soon.

The Good:
  • The world is absolutely massive, like nothing I've ever seen before
  • The handling is okay, I expected it to suck, but I can live with this
The Bad:
  • A lot of textures (especially long distance ones) are pretty crappy... especially for a game that came out in 2018. They should have worked more on this and released the game a few months later. It has so much potential, imagine this game with FH4 graphics, hell even GTA V's graphics are better than this. (and that game came out in 2013!)

heZYXmU.jpg

Just look at the background in the distance, it's not worth taking pictures if the distant quality is like this.. (mind you all my settings are on ultra or high when that's the highest option)

• Small issue but; changing the radio is a pita, apparently you used to be able to simply move your analog stick to change the radio, now you have to open up your cellphone, go to radio, and change it there! Ridiculous
  • A lot of stuff that should be destructable actually isn't (talking about most fences, smaller trees,..
  • Small issue but; there should be a "reset car position" option (or I may have missed that?) ended up near the road and had to drive for 5 minutes until I found an opening to the road again...

PcrjqD8.jpg

"stuck" for 5 minutes

Okay I found out that L1+R1 resets your car.
But the error above is outrageous.. in the middle of driving I get kicked from the game with this message. This is why always online bullshit is unacceptable. I would refund if I wouldn't be moving in two weeks to my own apartment with better internet speeds.

Yeah, I've never had a disconnect in the middle of SP race... I did just have a disconnect in an online race. Game suddenly says a player is "syncing", then "migrating host", and then I'm just kicked back to the PvP lobby screen.

I 100% agree with the notion that "always online" is a ridiculous and idiotic idea.

Can't sleep? Try to drive from LA to Maine, I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open here..

Xr0Zvgt.jpg

Yeah, like I said. The map is so big, it becomes annoying.

There are races, mostly Hypercar races, that go from New York to San Fransisco. World records is 25 minutes or so, my personal is 32. It is also the most efficient race to do, because it drops 330000 on completion (on the hardest difficulty), which makes it one of the easiest methods to grind cash.

But it is SO boring. It's mostly highway, with some exit and on ramps here and there.

Yeah, like I said. The map is so big, it becomes annoying.

There are races, mostly Hypercar races, that go from New York to San Fransisco. World records is 25 minutes or so, my personal is 32. It is also the most efficient race to do, because it drops 330000 on completion (on the hardest difficulty), which makes it one of the easiest methods to grind cash.

But it is SO boring. It's mostly highway, with some exit and on ramps here and there.
Just got the popular status, hopefully I'll unlock this one soon.

Starting to really like the game. I think it's way too easy though:

raEIFsr.jpg

Sometimes I'm more than one minute faster than the ai.

Also just made famous, only star to go!

LAt4a64.jpg

Too easy? Wait until you try the Ace difficulty. You need an almost perfect run on those TC races. Once you hit the max perf level, you need to start min/maxing your perks to win.

Too easy? Wait until you try the Ace difficulty. You need an almost perfect run on those TC races. Once you hit the max perf level, you need to start min/maxing your perks to win.
Oh, the difficulty increases as your popularity does? Makes sense I guess.

No, you can select a difficulty per race. You have Normal, Pro, and Ace. The AI cars are then upgraded to match the new difficulty, with Ace bringing them up to the max level. That, combined with some weird AI choices, makes Ace races either a win if you do it perfectly, or a guaranteed loss if misjudge a corner.

No, you can select a difficulty per race. You have Normal, Pro, and Ace. The AI cars are then upgraded to match the new difficulty, with Ace bringing them up to the max level. That, combined with some weird AI choices, makes Ace races either a win if you do it perfectly, or a guaranteed loss if misjudge a corner.
I saw that and it's at normal for me, but I can't figure out how to change it lol. Tried every button on my controller. Will try again later.

It's X (for XBox controllers, anyway), I believe. Also, if you wiggle your mouse a bit, it'll show the button prompts for keyboard.

Really like this race although it wasn't extremely fast or anything, was just really pleasant.

or9zVy9.jpg

lZu1ERB.jpg

Bought the fastest plane, top speed of 470 can obviously still be improved.

PuE5Hzf.jpg

Side note: I really dislike the white lines that are supposed to give you a "feeling of speed".

Yeah, that bike race is the main grinding one. 10 minutes, nets a decent amount, and is fairly easy to win.

Here's a nice tip: you can rebind the "lean forward" key, to something a bit more accessible. Like the left bumper button. If you do that, you can maintain your lean easier, and keep a higher top speed.
The same trick works for boats. Rebind the "trim up" key to the LB, and keep it pressed during any race. Also tune your boat so the "trim" option is maxed, and you'll never lose another race.

Yeah, that bike race is the main grinding one. 10 minutes, nets a decent amount, and is fairly easy to win.

Here's a nice tip: you can rebind the "lean forward" key, to something a bit more accessible. Like the left bumper button. If you do that, you can maintain your lean easier, and keep a higher top speed.
The same trick works for boats. Rebind the "trim up" key to the LB, and keep it pressed during any race. Also tune your boat so the "trim" option is maxed, and you'll never lose another race.
Cheers, will rebind the keys.

Back
Top Bottom