Technology: General Discussion

What's your current headphones brand and model?
I have a Corsair HS30. It worked pretty well, only downside was that the mic was kinda weak... That, and of course that the pads completely vaporized.

Just renewed my PIA VPN for another 2 years, for only €2,15 a month.
Link to deal: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/vpnstart-offer/newcoupons-11

0nHG3li.png

Can you recommend using a VPN? I've been looking at getting one as well, but I'm not too convinced of the upsides.

Can you recommend using a VPN? I've been looking at getting one as well, but I'm not too convinced of the upsides.
I had Tunnelbear, but PIA is so much better (been using it two years now)

Upsides (for me)
  • Full privacy (at airports, hotels,..)
  • Your ISP doesn't know you're torrening
  • I can switch countries and thus successfully bypass download limits (from Mega for example)

So with AMD's announcement yesterday we can conclude that Intel has lost the game. (for now)

And I just got refunded for my cancelled vacation... Hmm, maybe it's finally time to upgrade my CPU.

Just noticed that our free internet speed boost is now €15/month, which makes our internet bill €87 a month, which is way too much...
Fortunately we also got a letter yesterday from the competitor offering 6 months of internet for free, going to claim this asap.

Just noticed that our free internet speed boost is now €15/month, which makes our internet bill €87 a month, which is way too much...
Fortunately we also got a letter yesterday from the competitor offering 6 months of internet for free, going to claim this asap.
ISP's are sneaky like that. Honestly, I think it'd be worth it to just check every month to see if I can't get something cheaper. Same for electricity and gas.

ISP's are sneaky like that. Honestly, I think it'd be worth it to just check every month to see if I can't get something cheaper. Same for electricity and gas.
Meanwhile in Romania you can get 1gbps up and down for €15...

New AMD GPUs looks very promising, their best card being on par with 3090 while being ~500€ cheaper and requires less power

God damn I gotta wait even longer now :biggrin:

New AMD GPUs looks very promising, their best card being on par with 3090 while being ~500€ cheaper and requires less power

God damn I gotta wait even longer now :biggrin:
Damn that's sick! Completely missed the announcement will check it in detail.

These are people camping outside a Microcenter in the US for a new AMD videocard.
I could never see myself doing something like this just to have a new GPU early...

7QQ8Dxo.jpg

I mean, with current supplies being as low as they are, I can understand. If not now, you might not be able to get one in 2020.

I mean, with current supplies being as low as they are, I can understand. If not now, you might not be able to get one in 2020.
True, but I'd be like.. tough luck, and would just wait it out.
UNLESS my functioning GPU breaks, in that case your best option might be to resort to something like this.

Back
Top Bottom