[Serious] Homosexuality (gay, lesbian, transgenders)

Nimphiouus

TMS Fuhrer. (Non_Poster)
Today I saw a picture on facebook that got me thinking for a good 4 hours, it made me angry and I'm unsure why, in the image it said "Being an ignorant bigot is a choice, being gay isn't".

That basically says, when you are born your sexuality is genetically chosen.

From what I understand, a persons sexuality is chosen from the mental conciousness side of a person, not their biological make up.

When a baby is born, their mind is like an unused hard drive, it has no stored information on it, no experiences, no language, no memories and no personalities and so on. A persons sexuality is based upon a personality?

What I find ignorant is people being called ignorant when the persons calling people ignorant are ignorant.

I read somewhere that a test of twins was conducted to review the possibility that sexuality comes from genetics, and essentially said if one twin is gay the other will be also. That doesn't mean genetics, that is merely monkey sea monkey do. You're a product of your environment.

So what I want the discussion to be about is, do you think homosexuality is a personality conditioning, or a genetic conditioning?

What are your views regarding homosexuals?

Should they be allowed to marry? (Keep in mind, marriage is/was a religious principal, created from religions for man & woman)

(Keep religion out of it, just gives a basis for name calling of bigotry)

I don't hate gays, I think it is disgusting and some of their views are wrong (bi girls saying if they kiss another girl while dating someone, that isn't cheating), but apart from that, they're people, just taking it in the ass or munching some drapes.

Re: Homosexuality (gay, lesbian, transgenders)

I read somewhere a dozen times, from all different sorts of articles, scientific research, etc. that the reason people are gay is because their brain developed incorrectly and is that of the opposite sex. (Male body, female mind and vice versa)

I think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry and do whatever they please as long as they don't force it down the throat of any and all around them.

As of this point in time, I am in a hatred of gays, because one bi-sexual asshole does not get the message that I don't want to be anally raped by him because I am not interested at all in the same sex. However, they're still human beings. They bleed the same coloured blood as straight people and that shouldn't discriminate them from being able to be together and be happy together as a married couple, as any other couple would hope to do.

SovareZza said:
I read somewhere a dozen times, from all different sorts of articles, scientific research, etc. that the reason people are gay is because their brain developed incorrectly and is that of the opposite sex. (Male body, female mind and vice versa)

I think that homosexuals should be allowed to marry and do whatever they please as long as they don't force it down the throat of any and all around them.

As of this point in time, I am in a hatred of gays, because one bi-sexual asshole does not get the message that I don't want to be anally raped by him because I am not interested at all in the same sex. However, they're still human beings. They bleed the same coloured blood as straight people and that shouldn't discriminate them from being able to be together and be happy together as a married couple, as any other couple would hope to do.

I just spoke to my grandfather about it, he basically said - no one is born gay, however people are born with "traits", to be theives, criminals, gay, liars etc, but these are tendencies not reality, it is the persons choice to act upon these tendencies, if a person feels like stealing, he has a choice on wether or not he steals, a person feels like lying, he chooses wether or not he lies, if a person feels attracted to the opposite sex, they choose wether or not they become gay - which sounds logical.

They are people, obviously, but they do ram it down peoples throats with mardi gras?

I don't know :l

Mardigras is more of a celebration. What I mean is protests and the like, "We're Gay and We Want Equal Rights". They disrupt other people from what they need to do (eg. their jobs) because their protests are spontaneous, whereas Mardigras is a planned event every year.

If you wanna start a nature/nurture discussion, be aware, there is no real answer. Studies have shown that brains are pre-programmed, but that the raising also is important in forming brains. That means that if you take a child from its parents and put it with another family which is completely different, it will have something from each family. So homosexuality is not purely a genetic thing. Someone may have more tendencies for being gay, but if the parents suppress it from early age, it is most unlikely that it will develop into homosexuality. Only if the tendencies are really strong, it will come out even though parents suppress it. So it is partly choice, partly born.

About for the Mardigras/protest discussion, it is the same with a dick. It's nice to know if you have one or not, but don't whip it out and shove it down my throat. I don't mind if you kiss your boyfriend or girlfriend, but don't do it specifically to show me your gay.
If you protest to get the right to marry, fine by me. You make a stand because you want something, lots of people do it.

They can do whatever they want, including marriage.
I don't care if they can get married as long as they're happy.

About the 'cause' of being gay: I have no freaking' idea.
Possibly it IS a 'fault' in the brain, or possibly the person just naturally likes people from the same gender, we don't know for sure what the actual cause is (for now).

I didn't read any of the posts aside from the main one so sorry if what I say has been said already.
I believe that all people, regardless of sexuality should be accepted within society for who they are: human beings. If a person doesn't like the idea of being gay marriage, that person shouldn't get gay married. Simple as that.

As for whether being gay is biological or not: there is scientific evidence to support the concept that being gay is at least partially biological. As far as I know, the scientific evidence points to the level of testosterone in ones body as a possible indicator of sexuality. That being said, there is also scientific evidence that levels of testosterone in children decrease from the birth from one child to another (between the first born and the second born, then between the second born and the third born). Sorry if that was hard to understand, can't think of a way to clearly explain it.

Although, even though there is scientific evidence to support THAT there is none (as far as I know) that supports the idea that being gay is a disease of any kind. Also, people still have a choice as to their sexuality. If I really wanted to, I could wake up tomorrow and decide that I want to be gay/bisexual.

All in all, sexuality does not define a person. People should just learn to be more accepting of other people's traits, be them biological or psychological.

Back
Top Bottom