Movies: General Discussion

Just saw The Score, great heist movie. 7/10.
Full review coming soon.

Huh, this one is on my to-watch list, after I saw the series. It's the same premise, but obviously vastly different execution.
Wrote my review which -obviously- includes spoilers, but after sleeping on it I "upgraded" my score to 6/10.
It's just really not my genre.

Saw Magnum Force yesterday. Enjoyable movie, but nowhere near as good as the original Dirty Harry. Up next in the series: The Enforcer.
Review coming soon.

Last edited:
Just finished Road House {1989).
Prime Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliott was also fantastic.
7/10, review coming soon.

Now that would have been interesting to see. Shame he didn't do the movie. Then again his replacement was also great.

Quentin Tarantino Confirms Adam Sandler Was ‘Inglourious Basterds’ Top Choice: ‘I Wrote the Bear Jew for Sandler’

Title is straight up poetry

rms8sid.jpeg

Into the Comedy genre recently.

Saw Porky's (1981), Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993) and Old School (2003).
The first one hasn't aged well, gave it a 5. The others two are a solid comedy 7.
Reviews coming soon.

Next up, more Mel Brooks? If you liked Men In Tights, you'll like History of the World and Spaceballs, too.

Next up, more Mel Brooks? If you liked Men In Tights, you'll like History of the World and Spaceballs, too.
Spaceballs is up next!

Well this is awkward.

Edie Falco Shot ‘Avatar 2’ So Long Ago She Thought It Already Got Released and Flopped: ‘It Hasn’t Come Out Yet?’

Just finished The Devil's Advocate. That movie was one rollercoaster. Gf absolutely hated it, I'm.. not sure yet.
Full review coming soon.

Recently saw the first three Dirty Harry movies. Honestly I'd only suggest watching the first one. It's where Clint Eastwood shines the most. The other two movies are pretty meh (The Enforcer and Magnum Force).

Also saw all the Police Story movies, first Jackie Chan movies I ever saw, and I loved them all. Will definitely re-watch these someday. I also love how they show bloopers during the credits. And of course the fact that all stunts are REAL.

Recently saw the first three Dirty Harry movies. Honestly I'd only suggest watching the first one. It's where Clint Eastwood shines the most. The other two movies are pretty meh (The Enforcer and Magnum Force).
Also forced my way through the 4th Dirty Harry movie: Sudden Impact. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it. Contemplating whether or not I should give the final movie The Dead Pool a try. The only good thing about Sudden Impact were the Callahan quotes. "Go ahead, make my day".

Last edited:
Just finished watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
6/10, review coming soon.

Just saw Risky Business. I find it to be a weaker Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
6/10, review maybe coming, not sure yet.

Just finished watching The Shining. Damn, what a movie. Won't re-watch this one any time soon though.

Just saw The Hot Spot with Don Johnson, Virginia Madsen, Jennifer Connelly.
Solid 7/10 from me!

As I feared, the final Dirty Harry movie was the worst one. 5/10

Also I finally saw Austin Powers for the first time but was only mildly entertained. 6/10

Back
Top Bottom