Movies: General Discussion

Damn the ratings for Lightyear are bad.. I expected at least a 7.

Hmm, a bunch of 1 star reviews. That always makes me think - 1 star means horrible. As in, you left the fucking lens cap on, or something. Especially for a movie like this, where there was controversy around a gay kiss somewhere? I can imagine a number of those 1 stars are just bigots rambling about their children and won't someone protect them.

That said, a lot of other reviews are 4 stars, or 6. Those are a lot more damning. Because those are serious reviews. And if a serious review is that low, it's likely a pretty shitty movie.

Hmm, a bunch of 1 star reviews. That always makes me think - 1 star means horrible. As in, you left the fucking lens cap on, or something. Especially for a movie like this, where there was controversy around a gay kiss somewhere? I can imagine a number of those 1 stars are just bigots rambling about their children and won't someone protect them.

That said, a lot of other reviews are 4 stars, or 6. Those are a lot more damning. Because those are serious reviews. And if a serious review is that low, it's likely a pretty shitty movie.
The RT score is much better however.

Saw Bound earlier this week. 6/10 (small 7). Full review coming soon.

Apparently it's a tradition at film festivals? Almost every movie gets a standing ovation.

Man, I remember that movie being used in another movie... Jarhead, maybe? Some soldiers on deployment receive that movie on tape and watch it, but it turns out one of the soldiers' wife taped over the movie with a recording of herself getting fucked by someone, and then breaking up/divorcing the soldier. That scene is really embedded in my brain, for some reason.

Man, I remember that movie being used in another movie... Jarhead, maybe? Some soldiers on deployment receive that movie on tape and watch it, but it turns out one of the soldiers' wife taped over the movie with a recording of herself getting fucked by someone, and then breaking up/divorcing the soldier. That scene is really embedded in my brain, for some reason.
What? :biggrin:

Oh you weren't kidding:

Brian is a soldier stationed in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm. One day, he receives a video tape from his wife. It’s supposed to be a copy of the movie Deer Hunter. He watches it with his fellow soldiers. When he plays it, the opening scene of Deer Hunter comes up but it is immediately replaced by a home video recording of a woman getting pounded doggy style by a guy on the couch. The soldiers cheer when they see it. Brian cheers along with them, but when he realizes that the woman is actually his wife and the guy fucking her is their neighbor, he gets mad and starts crying.

Ha, I knew I wasn't crazy :)

Yeah, that scene was messed up. That whole movie was pretty fucking weird, man.

RIP you magnificent bastard.

gjuB8pO.jpeg

Gave up on watching The Bridge On The River Kwai. I have decided for myself to only watch movies from 1960 onwards. Sadly the ones before that year are just too "dated".

Yeah, I get what you mean, unfortunately :(

Still, there are some old movies I'd be willing to give a pass. 12 Angry Men, for example. I watched it in school, and it's kinda burned in my memory. That's a classic, timeless movie.

Yeah, I get what you mean, unfortunately :(

Still, there are some old movies I'd be willing to give a pass. 12 Angry Men, for example. I watched it in school, and it's kinda burned in my memory. That's a classic, timeless movie.
That one's been on my watchlist since forever. Hopefully I can cross it off soon.

Saw Out Cold last weekend. Man this movie sucks. 5/10

Back
Top Bottom