Just reset my pc and reinstalled Windows. What are some things I should do

theanonymouslobster

I think the title gives most of it away. But yea, thats my question. While scrolling this forum I've seen people talk about what they do on their windows machines, I remember seeing mave talking about removing something (i think it was the recently opened thing on his file manager). But yea, I'm just looking for good practices to follow and some sweet stuff to install. If you have any suggestions, please pitch in. I appreciate anything, whether it be from cleaning up my system to making it look cooler.

Remove all bloatware Microsoft tends to install. Shit like Teams, some vague Instagram/Tiktok apps, stuff like that.
Update windows Defender to the latest updates.
Personal customization is up to taste, of course :) But dark mode is a must.
Use ninite to insta-install several apps at once.

Indeed, I'm looking into what to install without removing vital features (like how uninstalling edge removes features), but otherwise yea. I've already ran Ninite, I'm pretty happy with it, though Qbittorrent4.5.2 is a bit too kiddish looking for my taste, eh it works fine

Remove all bloatware Microsoft tends to install. Shit like Teams, some vague Instagram/Tiktok apps, stuff like that.
Update windows Defender to the latest updates.
Personal customization is up to taste, of course :) But dark mode is a must.
Use ninite to insta-install several apps at once.
Yup, definitely also check the "Startup" tab in task manager.
Can't agree more about dark mode.
On laptop: set your power preferences, what closing the lid does, when it should go to sleep,...

Back
Top Bottom