Discussion GTA VI Speculation & Discussion Thread (Pre-Announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this is getting too elaborate for it to be legit, IMO.
Right now, it just seems like a troll, to me.

Man, this is getting too elaborate for it to be legit, IMO.
Right now, it just seems like a troll, to me.
And a proper troll at that.
His messages caused GTA forums to be down every time he posted (servers cracked under the load of guests), and he caused over 900 pages of speculation to be written.
Hopefully we can move on now until a REAL leak or official announcement happens.

The real trolls are the GTA forums mods.
Apparently The Preacher isn't really banned, but he's just in a fake BUSTED group.

oDjimCt.png

A new image popped up and -you guessed it- quality is shit.

UoOgCQm.png

Most definitely a fake, though it looks pretty convincing. (ignoring the quality)

Last edited:
Still going strong with it being Vice City related (the font in bottom right).

Am I the only one btw who would like to see something completely new? New city, no connections to previous GTA games at all.

Still going strong with it being Vice City related (the font in bottom right).

Am I the only one btw who would like to see something completely new? New city, no connections to previous GTA games at all.

I have strong nostalgic feelings for Vice City, but something new could work. Really hoping it's a location with sunny weather though. (I'd hate a grey England or something)

At this point, though, a smarter move by R* would be to flood the web with false rumours - at this point nobody can say what is real and what is false.
That's what I'd do, anyway. Just "leak" information under different aliases, providing contradicting information.

At this point, though, a smarter move by R* would be to flood the web with false rumours - at this point nobody can say what is real and what is false.
That's what I'd do, anyway. Just "leak" information under different aliases, providing contradicting information.
That would be a good way to counter real leaks indeed.

It's happening!

Gfm31l4.jpg

Great analysis by LodwigRedemption on GTA forums:

eabi5zW.png

Text version:

Hey guys, it's been a while. I know most of you are probably tired of this story, but I ask you to pay attention one last time, because I've been analyzing @gonnaenodaethat's latest post and particularly his latest video, and I found something very, very, interesting. Bear with me one last time, and then you'll decide what to do of this information afterwards.

To refresh your memory, in his latest post published on March 31 (remember this date, it'll come in handy for later), The Preacher included a link to a video which is different from all the others. It's unlisted (meaning that only the people who have the link can watch it, but it won't show up if you search it), it's made from a channel with no videos and the channel was created the day before the making of the post; it's called '533814'. The video itself is pretty messy and confusing but let's focus on the title first and foremost.

533814. We've seen this number before, in other posts by The Preacher, and no one really understood what it's supposed to mean. Well, I think that it refers to a specific thing that's happened recently. But let's go with order. The video is 14 minutes and 53 seconds long, so 14:53. Notice how those numbers are at the beginning and at the end of the title. That must be a coincidence, right? Well, in the video there's a pretty long part where there's what's supposed to be a black TV screen with noise. See, The Preacher could have made that clip however long he wanted, meaning that he could make the video however long he wanted: he chose to make it exactly 14 minutes and 53 seconds long. But let's keep going.

Let's focus on the 14. One thing to note first and foremost is that this number doesn't only appear in the title. At the very end of the video a pig starts squealing in a pretty uncomfortable way. And would you look at that, the squealing lasts exactly 41 seconds before the video ends, starting at the 14:12 mark. 14, 41, what could this mean? ...Maybe 1/4 / 4/1? April 1, also known as April Fool's Day.

Now as I mentioned before, in the video there's a part where we can see a TV screen with noise. Well, with a quick research on Google you'll discover that in the UK this phenomenon was also called 'snow', because the video modulation there was different than that of TVs of other countries, and people saw white dots on a black background, while in other parts of the world the screen showed black dots on a white background.

Snow, huh? April 1 and snow. If you're a GTA Online or Red Dead Online player you already know where this is going.

On April 1, 2020 Rockstar Games did something they've never done in 6 and a half years that GTA Online has been out. As an April Fool's Day joke, they activated the snow weather effect in the game, where they usually only do this during the winter holidays period, around Christmas and New Year's. As I said at the beginning, that video was posted on March 31, and there is no way anyone could predict this without having some info on their hands. But it's not over yet.

Another very interesting thing people have pointed out is the following. If you go to The Preacher's "Will There Be Realistic Eastenders in GTA VI?" thread, specifically at page 13, you will see he posted two videos on March 27, one titled "Does Masturbation Hurt Your Spiritual Progress?" and the other called "Muse Mon Amante". Now, if you take a look at Rockstar Games' Twitter, and check out what they tweeted that day, you will see that they retweeted two tweets: the first one includes a GIF where the second dude on the left is making a 'jerk off' gesture, while the second one is from a certain streamer called 'DelinquentMuse'. Draw the conclusions for yourselves, but let me tell you, one would be considered luck, but two...

I mean, I think he's reading into it way to much.
Occam's razor, I say. The simplest explanation is just that Preacher is a troll, which is what my guess is.

I mean, I think he's reading into it way to much.
Occam's razor, I say. The simplest explanation is just that Preacher is a troll, which is what my guess is.
Sadly I think you're right.

The grandtheftauto6.com domain got updated today!

vc3s55n.png

Most likely nothing, but Rockstar reposted this Lebron photo with a GTA Vice City PS2 case on the table.

YhezPmS.png

This leak could be legit. Source

The next GTA will be heavily influenced by American war on drugs. Will feature 4 cities and rural areas, farms, forests in main island inter-connected by roadways, railways, sea ways and obviously Airways. One of them is Mexico. You will have to conquer Mexico by strategies, not violence. That's the fun part of this campaign. You'll fail multiple times because you will have to bond with drug Lords and do a lot of jobs. Takes multiple in-game years. Your end goal is to control the trade of drugs from overseas to beach city.
At one point, you work as an intelligence officer to derail the operations in other island. Escobar Island. City, rural area, lush forests, zoo, farms and mountain range. You'll spend couple years on this island.

The Escobar island story is very interesting and your character will progress almost 30% in this campaign alone. But you will have choices to make. Either you can partner with the existing Lords or betray them to venture further to establish your own empire. Both have different set of campaigns. The later is the strategy based campaign which will let you take over Mexico. This is a hard campaign and you will fail multiple times. Because you will have to be smart, plan strategies, bond with lords in Escobar Island and Mexico City. The gangs in Mexico City are whole different game and you'll often find yourself getting killed brutally. Think of it as a Tuco type crazy nutjobs.

Surprisingly, Beach City has less focus this time in campaign aspects. You can visit this city anytime you want because you have support base here. It seems like you are already the boss of this city. Because I didn't get any details about any major campaign in this city. Mostly some property dealing, clubs ect but no violence and drug war here.

There's a high stakes involved in the property campaign from a big personality that reddit hates a lot. You'll be paid to capture or aquire plots in Escobar Island and Mexico City so the personality can build multistorey buildings. You at one point have to demolish one of his buildings in Mexico in exchange for your life. See, I told you, trying to go down the Mexico drug campaign will be pain in the ass. Lot's of strategy needed to capture Mexico and it's still unknown if you will be actually able to control everything in that city. It's for sure that there's a entire different "death" animation data for this campaign. Get ready to brutally murdered for anything. Because you are a gringo and cartels are ruthless. You earn a hell lot of money when you complete property campaign in Mexico. Which is not that hard because you are not affiliated with any Escobar drug lords at that time.
Most of the brutal violence you commit is in Escobar Island. There's one nutjob in this island which you have to defeat to take over other cartels. No, he's not Pablo. He's worse and wreckless than Pablo. He has his own army controlling the island.

The game is huge. You are looking at 185-220+ gigs of data with selective download. Hours of driving vehicles. The game feels like a world. Don't know how they managed to scale it so big. You can literally camp in desert when on road trip.

Don't put high expectations in graphics department. They had to compromise here to make the game so huge. It's a lot better than GTA V but not as good as RDR2. Remember, the major part of graphics is textures and shaders. There's always a memory limitations when it comes to such huge games.

Effects on the other hand are insane. Fire, smoke, rain, water are part of the dynamicFX unlike RDR2. In RDR2 they used sprites for almost every FX which is annoying. In next GTA, these FX are not pre-defined image textures but dynamic effects. Thanks to new technology. They are generated in-game without any preloaded texture. It looks freaking amazing. Think of it as a simulation. They react to wind or external forces. The water rush down the road. You can literally divert it by collusion objects. These new consoles are made for FX. We have reached the peak at texture level. Yes, you have those Unreal engine demos but they will never be possible in a huge game like GTA. It's the problem with trillions of polygons in those traced models.
Clouds are dynamic and interact with external forces.
Trains are super detailed. You can travel in passenger cars.
Game will have one main character. But you can switch to multiple characters once you take over the Lords. Then those characters will have dynamically generated unique mission sets. You have unlimited play-abilities. You can play as a driver, as smugglers, as informers, cops. But only the one you have bounded with during the campaign.
The game is delayed by 2 years. The polishing work is going on. Now the studios are closed. Expect more delay.

This image circulating on Twitter is the only one that wasn't immediately debunked. Sure the quality is shitty but it doesn't look like a modded GTA V or any other game.

mSGlxxe.jpg

This image circulating on Twitter is the only one that wasn't immediately debunked. Sure the quality is shitty but it doesn't look like a modded GTA V or any other game.
Could be modded VC, of course. Or heavily edited.

Could be modded VC, of course. Or heavily edited.
Could be, but it's the most plausible image to have been "leaked" so far.
Modded VC was debunked, unless the person that took this photograph also created the mod himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom