Discussion GTA VI Speculation & Discussion Thread (Post-Announcement)

Since the length of the trailer has been confirmed (see above) people are speculating that they found the trailer song. Why? Well…
A remix by Genesis - That’s All was uploaded yesterday (before we knew the length of the trailer) with EXACTLY the same length as the trailer. Almost too much of a coincidence to be a… coincidence.

False alarm. Apparently this said “fan made”, but the uploader removed it. Would also not be wise to use the official artwork before the trailer releases.

The game will not release for PC on launch (no real surprises here)
There were no platforms listed in the trailer, but Take 2 Games communicated a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S release in a press release:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023--Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

The game will not release for PC on launch (no real surprises here)
There were no platforms listed in the trailer, but Take 2 Games communicated a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S release in a press release:

Honestly I won't be able to wait until 2027 when this game releases for PC. Probably gonna buy a console solely for VI.

Honestly I won't be able to wait until 2027 when this game releases for PC. Probably gonna buy a console solely for VI.
Better be quick before PS5 goes out of stock again :biggrin: I'm also thinking of getting one

Better be quick before PS5 goes out of stock again :biggrin: I'm also thinking of getting one
Since I'm not playing any game right now (and really haven't played anything the past year), I'm gonna wait until a few months before release.

Also from the statement; a quote by Sam Houser:

Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what’s possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We’re thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere.”

Since I'm not playing any game right now (and really haven't played anything the past year), I'm gonna wait until a few months before release.
Yeah that's a good call. Who knows, maybe we might get Pro version of the current consoles right before GTA VI :biggrin:

The GTA VI subsite is now active:

EpFN9lY.jpeg

wBBaGrS.png

The official artwork features the building from the Scarface chainsaw scene.

PmS3WOb.png

The bottleneck of GTA VI will ultimately be the Xbox Series S
Here's why:

RTHPCcO.jpeg

I actually like this remake of the Vice City intro. Too bad the different scenes aren't long enough for one image though.

A reminder of how much better Michael looked upon release vs initial trailer:
So we can assume that Jason and Lucia change/improve as well.

flvZgcm.jpeg

Really hoping the mini-map will use the Vice City style, but still have a square look.

A6P0f5j.png

Back
Top Bottom