General Gaming Discussion Thread

Would be pretty huge if Codemasters were to be acquired by T2.
Midnight Club here we come again!

Looks like EVERYWHERE is still in development and looking for people:

Would be cool if Leslie Benzies comes up with a game that matches GTA's quality.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that game!

Also, goddamn, they're not just "looking for people", they're hiring animators, scriptors, almost everything. And they claim they already have a team of 400+ people? What the fuck did they tell their funders? And what the fuck are they doing with 400+ people?

Oh man, I totally forgot about that game!

Also, goddamn, they're not just "looking for people", they're hiring animators, scriptors, almost everything. And they claim they already have a team of 400+ people? What the fuck did they tell their funders? And what the fuck are they doing with 400+ people?
That's pretty odd indeed.. Now I'm imagining they somehow hired 400 cleaning ladies and nobody with any gaming-related skills. Place looks clean though!

25m concurrent users on Steam. That's a record.

WcobPSW.png

Man, Tencent really managed to convice the CCP that gaming is the future, huh? They won't need to buy Blizzard, though, that one is already firmly in the CCP's pocket.

Man, Tencent really managed to convice the CCP that gaming is the future, huh? They won't need to buy Blizzard, though, that one is already firmly in the CCP's pocket.
I’d like to say just one thing. Fuck China.

Man, I tried at least 7 different games in the last week, trying to find one that I felt like playing. Finally gave Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts a go. And besides a very goofy title, I'm actually having a lot of fun playing it. It's a pretty great sniping game, even if the story and voice acting are dumb as hell.

Man, I tried at least 7 different games in the last week, trying to find one that I felt like playing. Finally gave Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts a go. And besides a very goofy title, I'm actually having a lot of fun playing it. It's a pretty great sniping game, even if the story and voice acting are dumb as hell.
It's been like that for me for a few years to be honest. Only game I keep coming back to is GTA V. (and RDR2)
Is that the same game where they show slo-mo impact of the bullet? (like seeing it go through organs?)

It's been like that for me for a few years to be honest. Only game I keep coming back to is GTA V. (and RDR2)
Is that the same game where they show slo-mo impact of the bullet? (like seeing it go through organs?)
No, that's Sniper Elite. A very similar game. Ghost Warrior still has the slo-mo, but you don't see the organs. Just the heads exploding.

This has to be the dumbest "controversy" in gaming journalism ever. For those who don't know: in Mass Effect 2, there is a character Miranda, who is a genetically perfectly designed woman. In most of the conversations you have with her, the camera angle during those conversations is... weirdly low. This causes her ass to be front and center of the shot. Now with the remake coming out, they changed those camera angles to be higher, so the focus is no longer on her ass.

And people got mad about that? Mostly it's a non-issue, with only a few people saying it's wrong, and 99% of the comments being angry about people being angry, but still. It's stupid that there is time and money being wasted on this.

This has to be the dumbest "controversy" in gaming journalism ever. For those who don't know: in Mass Effect 2, there is a character Miranda, who is a genetically perfectly designed woman. In most of the conversations you have with her, the camera angle during those conversations is... weirdly low. This causes her ass to be front and center of the shot. Now with the remake coming out, they changed those camera angles to be higher, so the focus is no longer on her ass.

And people got mad about that? Mostly it's a non-issue, with only a few people saying it's wrong, and 99% of the comments being angry about people being angry, but still. It's stupid that there is time and money being wasted on this.

Oh God I can imagine all the neckbeards going loco for lack of ass-focus.

Oh God I can imagine all the neckbeards going loco for lack of ass-focus.
It's not even as if they removed Miranda's ass. It's just no longer obscenely in focus during some cutscenes. You can still see it, and more, during the sex scenes.

But I think this is typical media hype-mongering. Only a couple of deluded souls complained, and the rest is just people complaining about those 2 or 3 idiots.

Back
Top Bottom