General chit-chat

"With no recollection"? Well, I don't remember some parts of highway I've driven, sure. But I don't feel "hypnotized", mainly because I just crank up the music, and sing along.

I also once did a roadtrip, and listened to some audiobooks. It's a great way to spend time on the highway.
"no recollection" is a bit of an overstatement, it's more like how you described with parts of the highway missing from your memory.

Never really thought about it, but this is true for a lot of celebs.
Imagine a celeb with a worth of several millions asking to go donate to a gofundme for his chauffeur who needs a $15k surgery... Stuff like that does happen.

RqSHWAU.jpg

People literally have lost relatives they care about, people literally have committed suicide due to no social contact, yet the Guardian posts stuff like this:

TWnqRaV.jpeg

They have since changed the title. IIRC, it was meant to be a sarcastic title, but it missed on the sarcasm part.
Yes, Gwyneth Paltrow was acting like a spoiled brat, and the article pokes fun at that. They just posted it with a compassionate sounding title.

Although, the fact that nobody thought otherwise when they read that The Guardian posted something like this, says a lot in itself.

They have since changed the title. IIRC, it was meant to be a sarcastic title, but it missed on the sarcasm part.
Yes, Gwyneth Paltrow was acting like a spoiled brat, and the article pokes fun at that. They just posted it with a compassionate sounding title.

Although, the fact that nobody thought otherwise when they read that The Guardian posted something like this, says a lot in itself.
I had no idea the Guardian was this bad. The Daily Mail I knew.

Can we talk about Belarus forcing a commercial plane to divert (with a military jet no less) its course so they can capture a blogger who disagrees with the current politics?
Also fuck Ryanair for complying and trying to keep things quiet.

Good to see a sanction already.

Not that it'll do much. Belarus still has mostly Russian ties, anyway.

Also, I don't really blame Ryanair. If a jet is pointing its 20mm at you, you fucking land.

Not that it'll do much. Belarus still has mostly Russian ties, anyway.

Also, I don't really blame Ryanair. If a jet is pointing its 20mm at you, you fucking land.
Yeah you're right about that. They could only comply.
PR was a disaster though. “But Ryanair’s response in the wake of the incident was to say the aircraft landed “safely” and “nothing untoward was found” – completely failing to mention the forced removal of Mr Protasevich.”

The guy arrested should have bought the "don't fly through enemy airspace" Ryanair upgrade for €50.
Ryanair, where oxygen is a paid option©

This one made me chuckle.

iTysY4O.jpeg

Seriously, nuclear energy is not the devil. It's pretty much unlimited energy and safer than oil.

Seriously, nuclear energy is not the devil. It's pretty much unlimited energy and safer than oil.
I guess Chernobyl and Fukushima scared a lot people.

There is no denying that a nuclear reactor going boom is a lot more damaging than other type of electric plants having a meltdown. On top of that, the nuclear waste problem has not been fully solved either, even though it's not as much of a problem as some people think it is.
It's not a long term solution (as in, for decades), but it's a shitload better than gas or coal. It would be great as an intermediate solution, to help phase out combustible power, while renewable power is developing.

However, the main concern is costs. Building and maintaining a nuclear plant is expensive, and takes a long while to set up. That's an investment that a lot of companies today are not willing to make. If they're gonna be switching over to better methods in 25 years, then why would you invest in something that's only gonna return on your investment in 30 years? (spitballing the numbers here)
Governments just have to find the fucking balls to start banning the more polluting type of plants, and force the companies to invest more in other types of energy. Be that nuclear or wind or solar or hydroelectric.

Of course, it's easy for us to just say these kind of things, when we have zero expert knowledge or experience in the field. It seems so simple for us novices, but it's a lot more complex and delicate than we make it out be.

Governments just have to find the fucking balls to start banning the more polluting type of plants, and force the companies to invest more in other types of energy. Be that nuclear or wind or solar or hydroelectric.
Couldn't agree more.
Of course Scandinavian countries have it a lot easier with water levels varying a lot more than in flat Belgium.

This angers me somehow.

cyGkAH3.png

Yeah, that's what they mean with "Eat the rich". They don't mean the doctor on the end of the street who makes 200k a year, they mean people like Bezos who makes more money with a sneeze than I will ever make in my entire life.

Yeah, that's what they mean with "Eat the rich". They don't mean the doctor on the end of the street who makes 200k a year, they mean people like Bezos who makes more money with a sneeze than I will ever make in my entire life.
And as if the amount of money wasn’t enough, people like Bezos also pay pretty much nothing in taxes compared to us common folks.

And as if the amount of money wasn’t enough, people like Bezos also pay pretty much nothing in taxes compared to us common folks.
How do you think they got so rich in the first place?

Back
Top Bottom