Downloading single songs

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Upon a few days ago I've always used http://www.mrtzcmp3.net/ for downloading songs I liked.
It was pretty awesome because it was absolutely free and you could display the bitrate (320kbs pls) AND it found almost everything.
Now a few days ago this service became not free anymore and you have to pay to even see the bitrate or file size...

I really don't want to go back to P2P times (limewire, bearshare, kazaa,..) so I was wondering if any of you guys knows a good online free alternative?

Right now I'm downloading music the Impulse way (downloading entire albums on TPB for one song usually, also has the downside that you cannot find a lot of songs)

Mave said:
Right now I'm downloading music the Impulse way (downloading entire albums on TPB for one song usually, also has the downside that you cannot find a lot of songs)
I never do that. I just download the entire discography. You could try ripping music from grooveshark/spotify. You just need to intercept the stream and you will have the .mp3 file. There are enough add-ons out there to do that.

Download the Metadata of a torrent, then remove all other files you don't want. Me? I prefer to just download discographies and listen to them as I go. There's some really good music out there that gets ignored on albums because people want the one song — it's a shame.

But yeah, that's my advice.

I download full discographies only once in a while, when I really like an artist. For the rest, I use youtube converters.

www.video2mp3.net is a great one, since it allows for HD convertion, which results in a nice 192 kbps bitrate. It also offers a plugin for Firefox, Chrome and Safari, which allows you to convert and download it with one click on any youtube page, like in the picture. (don't mind the video, I just clicked one)
S3AR3.png

All you have to do next is click through some ads and hey presto! downloading.

I still like to have an alternative, since that site has some server problems now and then. That alternative is www.flvto.com. This site works in the same way as the previous one, also with a plugin that allows direct downloading on youtube sites.
hpz3T.png

The downside for this method is that you don't get 320 kbps. The upside, however, is that you get to chose the quality of the song (in a way) You get to listen to the song before downloading it, so if the quality sucks or you simply don't like the song, you pick another.

Alright thanks everybody for the info :3
And thanks Stybar for the detailed info :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom