Cyberpunk 2077

Great review! How's the driving?
So, I played a bit more, drove some other cars, and... it's not good. There are some cars that respond better than others, but I found that all of them react pretty slow when driving at high speeds. You know, what you're gonna do if you have to drive for a few KM, before making a sudden sharp right. The amount of times I've hit the sidewalk is high. Even still, it's nothing compared to GTAV.

Other than that... The combat is good. My earlier concern about me getting slaughtered in a combat situation was due to both my guns being underleveled, my armor being low, and me taking on a high level mission. When taking on the "moderate" missions, OHK headshots are very doable, if you have a high powered gun.

That said, once you get the Nakamoto sniper rifle, the game just rolls over. It's a sniper rifle that you can upgrade to your current level, so it does great damage. Headshots kill in all but a few cases. On top of that, it has the ability to charge your shot, for a more powerful hit - and it can shoot through walls. You just, take cover, take aim, blast the enemies who are hiding, and it just kills them outright. I wiped an entire gang attack with this thing, it's insane.

So, I played a bit more, drove some other cars, and... it's not good. There are some cars that respond better than others, but I found that all of them react pretty slow when driving at high speeds. You know, what you're gonna do if you have to drive for a few KM, before making a sudden sharp right. The amount of times I've hit the sidewalk is high. Even still, it's nothing compared to GTAV.

Other than that... The combat is good. My earlier concern about me getting slaughtered in a combat situation was due to both my guns being underleveled, my armor being low, and me taking on a high level mission. When taking on the "moderate" missions, OHK headshots are very doable, if you have a high powered gun.

That said, once you get the Nakamoto sniper rifle, the game just rolls over. It's a sniper rifle that you can upgrade to your current level, so it does great damage. Headshots kill in all but a few cases. On top of that, it has the ability to charge your shot, for a more powerful hit - and it can shoot through walls. You just, take cover, take aim, blast the enemies who are hiding, and it just kills them outright. I wiped an entire gang attack with this thing, it's insane.
Am I reading this correctly, are you saying that driving in GTA V is bad? I quite like it tbh.
And that does sound logical indeed, not going for the hard missions immediately.

I wish this was true, sadly it's a photoshop.

Tw0Z9pP.jpeg

Am I reading this correctly, are you saying that driving in GTA V is bad? I quite like it tbh.
No, I mean the opposite! The driving in GTAV is a lot better than in CP2077. It feels more... direct, if that makes any sense.

No, I mean the opposite! The driving in GTAV is a lot better than in CP2077. It feels more... direct, if that makes any sense.
Installed Cyberpunk yesterday and drove out of the garage and to the satellite tower. It almost feels like there's a certain "lag" to the car's handling.

Installed Cyberpunk yesterday and drove out of the garage and to the satellite tower. It almost feels like there's a certain "lag" to the car's handling.
Yes, that's it. I've noticed that the wheels don't "snap" to the direction you're turning, like in GTAV. They gradually turn, I feel. I guess that's what makes the cars feel laggy.

Here's to hoping they fix it in an upcoming patch... I just unlocked the racing sidequests, and I'm not looking forward to those.

^ I hope the same, that kind of driving is just.. not fun.

Cyberpain 2077

M2ZSqr1.jpeg

Some spoilerless tips for those of you who haven't started the game yet:
  • If you can, do every blue event that you come across. Aside from a bit of extra money, you can loot all the corpses, and sell the weapons you find. It pads your bankaccount very quickly.
  • Spending money is basically limited to three items: weapons, armor, and cars.
    • Weapons, you barely need to buy. So far, I have splurged on 1 high-end weapon, and the rest I looted or got from a corpse. On top of that, the weapons you find level with you. So, if you spend all your cash on a weapon at level 11, it will become almost entirely obsolete when you hit level 16. You can upgrade weapons, but it's not cheap to do so.
    • Armor is a bit different. The main Armor stat is only relevant until you can create Armadillo mods. Then, the amount of slots on each piece of gear is more important. On top of that, you might want to swap certain pieces because of aesthetics.
    • Cars is the biggest money sink. You unlock the ability to purchase cars in Act II, and you unlock new purchasable vehicles after reaching a new SC level. Don't bother spending too much too quickly, the car you get at the beginning and the bike you receive later are more than enough. If you do want to buy a car, I recommend the Quadra Type-66. It's fast, it's not as twitchy as others, and it's relatively cheap. Alternatively, you can wait until you can finish the race missions. The races themselves are pretty easy, and the car you unlock at the end is one of the better cars. Fast, stable, and great both on- and off-road.
  • In the beginning of the game, you can unlock the "Beat on the Brat" sidequest by talking to the boxing coach close to your apartment. This is easily the most frustrating quest I have encountered so far. If you do want to finish this, make sure you have at least 10 points in Body, have at least purple-quality Gorilla Arms equipped. And don't forget you can lower the difficulty mid-game. I'm serious. This missions suuuucks.
  • As soon as you enter Act II, you get 3 main quests. One of them is to talk to a fixer in Afterlife. Do that one ASAP. That quest leads you to Panam, who is easily the best NPC in the game. On top of that, finishing her personal sidequests leads to two things: A kickass sniperrifle that is insanely OP, and the only option for a "good" ending (which involves using her family in the final missions).
  • Also in Act II, one of the main quests involves Judy and finding a certain woman. Before you do this mission, make sure you finish a sidegig called "Monster Hunt". It involves finding a pimp called Jotaro Shobo. It's on the south-east part of Watson. Finishing this gig makes a conversation in the main quest a lot easier, and allows you to skip a tough fight. It also gives you a chance to make Judy a bit happier in her personal quest, if you're trying to romance her.
  • Also in Judy's main quest: It's an easy mistake to make, but Angel is the male. Skye is female.

Some spoilerless tips for those of you who haven't started the game yet:
  • If you can, do every blue event that you come across. Aside from a bit of extra money, you can loot all the corpses, and sell the weapons you find. It pads your bankaccount very quickly.
  • Spending money is basically limited to three items: weapons, armor, and cars.
    • Weapons, you barely need to buy. So far, I have splurged on 1 high-end weapon, and the rest I looted or got from a corpse. On top of that, the weapons you find level with you. So, if you spend all your cash on a weapon at level 11, it will become almost entirely obsolete when you hit level 16. You can upgrade weapons, but it's not cheap to do so.
    • Armor is a bit different. The main Armor stat is only relevant until you can create Armadillo mods. Then, the amount of slots on each piece of gear is more important. On top of that, you might want to swap certain pieces because of aesthetics.
    • Cars is the biggest money sink. You unlock the ability to purchase cars in Act II, and you unlock new purchasable vehicles after reaching a new SC level. Don't bother spending too much too quickly, the car you get at the beginning and the bike you receive later are more than enough. If you do want to buy a car, I recommend the Quadra Type-66. It's fast, it's not as twitchy as others, and it's relatively cheap. Alternatively, you can wait until you can finish the race missions. The races themselves are pretty easy, and the car you unlock at the end is one of the better cars. Fast, stable, and great both on- and off-road.
  • In the beginning of the game, you can unlock the "Beat on the Brat" sidequest by talking to the boxing coach close to your apartment. This is easily the most frustrating quest I have encountered so far. If you do want to finish this, make sure you have at least 10 points in Body, have at least purple-quality Gorilla Arms equipped. And don't forget you can lower the difficulty mid-game. I'm serious. This missions suuuucks.
  • As soon as you enter Act II, you get 3 main quests. One of them is to talk to a fixer in Afterlife. Do that one ASAP. That quest leads you to Panam, who is easily the best NPC in the game. On top of that, finishing her personal sidequests leads to two things: A kickass sniperrifle that is insanely OP, and the only option for a "good" ending (which involves using her family in the final missions).
  • Also in Act II, one of the main quests involves Judy and finding a certain woman. Before you do this mission, make sure you finish a sidegig called "Monster Hunt". It involves finding a pimp called Jotaro Shobo. It's on the south-east part of Watson. Finishing this gig makes a conversation in the main quest a lot easier, and allows you to skip a tough fight. It also gives you a chance to make Judy a bit happier in her personal quest, if you're trying to romance her.
  • Also in Judy's main quest: It's an easy mistake to make, but Angel is the male. Skye is female.
That was a ton of useful info, thanks Sty!
Heard a few times before that Panam is indeed a great character.

Meanwhile I pretty much immediately uninstalled this game after trying it. Will try again as soon as a lot of bugs are fixed.
Problem is that I was expecting a GTA-like open world and driving experience.

Speaking about a bugfix...

QuKfPGm.png

I love that he always sounds slightly out of breath, too.

Say @Stybar did you end up finishing the game?
Experienced more bugs during your play?
The new patch is coming out soon I heard.

Say @Stybar did you end up finishing the game?
Experienced more bugs during your play?
The new patch is coming out soon I heard.
I did! Way back in December, though :biggrin:
No real blocking bugs, I could complete the game without issue.

There are a lot of small things, though. In terms of bugs, I had an issue that whenever I got into a car, the skin of everyone inside turned black. A very weird, and annoying bug.

As for tips on how to run the story...
It seems that the "canon" story that the writers had in mind, was the ending where you storm the facility using Panam and her family, and preferably with a Panam romance. Note that other romances work as well (I had Judy, and it worked fine), but the final scene is very clearly aimed at a Panam romance.

Back
Top Bottom