Cyberpunk 2077

I did! Way back in December, though :biggrin:
No real blocking bugs, I could complete the game without issue.

There are a lot of small things, though. In terms of bugs, I had an issue that whenever I got into a car, the skin of everyone inside turned black. A very weird, and annoying bug.

As for tips on how to run the story...
It seems that the "canon" story that the writers had in mind, was the ending where you storm the facility using Panam and her family, and preferably with a Panam romance. Note that other romances work as well (I had Judy, and it worked fine), but the final scene is very clearly aimed at a Panam romance.

I really hope that bug has been fixed by now.

Cyberpunk 2077 by the numbers!

So yeah, bump.

After watching Edgerunners, I started another playthrough in patch 1.6. A lot of grievances with the 1.0 version of the game have been addressed. Transmog is now available - no need to ignore better armor because it looks like shit. Mod support has been implemented, and the modding scene is booming. It's not near the level of Skyrim or Fallout, but it's getting there. There are interesting mods available. Vehicle handling has been updated. Not enough, IMO... I used an additional mod to make it smoother. If you are able to grab the game on sale, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot.

And I got into the photo mode. Here are some results.
The Clouds mission will forever be the symbol of the game.
HVYJJ4V.png

CvC3zYy.png

BEcvMCo.png

VJ3XwMS.png

xyc7oYc.png

A brief moment during a mission, that was clearly made to show off their environmental development skills. And it worked.
rmuKhK9.png

H2wp6yM.png

The moment everything starts to make sense :)
m9KMb6M.png

The main downside to the photo mode is the lack of motion blur :( Oh well
MkajqKs.png

6etXNlE.png

God that whole Disasterpiece mission is fucked up.
KIKDQlF.png

ebVjgnB.png

bbMjerW.png

Kerry's mission is fucking fun, though :biggrin:
mSfCPlb.png

kL7aHdL.png

The city is great, but the desert deserves recognition too.
DsjdHyc.png

In fact, the entire game is incredibly rich in world building. It's worth looking around - you'll almost always find something interesting.
bVdJHFU.png

gpjuI6m.png

So yeah. I'm not done with this playthrough yet - currently I'm mopping up all sidequests and open world gigs before finishing the final mission. Still, I'm pretty confident in saying that this game has placed itself as one of my favorite games. Yes, it requires a bit of modding to buff out some annoying things, but honestly, with the latest patches, it's no worse than Skyrim. And the storytelling in this game is (IMO) vastly superior.
rmnXHgp.png

I enjoy every playthrough that I do of this game. I keep hoping for a happy end, knowing fully well that it's never in the cards.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Nice that you're able to enjoy the game again!
Screenshot with the dragon statue looks insane.
And also happy that the modding community is also improving this game.

Might grab the game if it's ever in deep discount. But for now.. not really much time sadly.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | The Game Awards 2022 Trailer

First Keanu, now Idris? Noice.

oh no i'm getting hyped up again

goddamn that trailer looks so good, but the original trailer for CP2077 looked incredible as well.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll probably be playing this day 1.

oh no i'm getting hyped up again

goddamn that trailer looks so good, but the original trailer for CP2077 looked incredible as well.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll probably be playing this day 1.
At least the price will be semi-ish okay. Around 20 euros.

At least the price will be semi-ish okay. Around 20 euros.
I mean, the basegame was priced pretty okay as well, at the standard €60. It's just that the game had a shitty launch.

3rd person when?

QXsI4Pz.jpeg
There's a mod for that! Highly experimental, and terribly janky, but it's there.

In defense of the FPV, though, IMO it highlights the game world and design.

There's a mod for that! Highly experimental, and terribly janky, but it's there.

In defense of the FPV, though, IMO it highlights the game world and design.
I prefer when games give you the choice. This may sound weird but I prefer third person because I like to see behind my character. Also useful for surprise attacks by other players.

Can't wait for Elba's version of the "you can be cum" edit

Buckle up kids, it's time for me to gush about this damn game again.

For the longest time, I've always said that Mass Effect was my favorite game (series) of all time. But, after finishing another playthrough of Cyberpunk with the release of the new DLC, and the new 2.0 version, I think Cyberpunk has taken the top spot. It's good. Really, really good.

The 2.0 patch is a general update to the base game, which overhauls vast portions of the game. The skilltree has been completely overhauled, they added vehicle combat and a much better police system. They also nerfed some of the more OP playstyles, and allowed other to be more viable. All in all, it feels really well balanced - stealth is still super powerful, but it's no longer "the one". Going balls to the wall with a katana or shotgun is now also a good option.
Does that mean the game is 100% issue free? Well no, but... which game is? There are still some minor nitpicks, of course.
Stealth might no longer be the only powerful playstyle, but the game still has some areas where it's highly recommended. And while it's doable with a low stealth skill, it's a bit... goofy. "Nicely done sneaking into this compound undetected, V!" said the NPC to the gigantic, muscular, more-metal-than-flesh creature with rocketlaunchers for arms.
There are also still a few glitches. In terms of weird object behavior, I only had two instances of a car being somewhere they're not supposed to be. I also had some audio issues, mainly with sentences cutting off near the end or mouthflaps not lining up properly - but to be fair, I was running some mods that impact that area. So that may just be my own fault.

But that's merely annoyances, small issues which are really not that big of a deal, once you look at the full picture. Because the game is good.

The gameplay is great. The new updates make different playstyles fun. It was amazing to roam through an enemy camp, flinging knives at heads and watching them drop like flies. Activate the bullet-time mode, and run in with a shotgun to blast enemies point blank. Then switch out to a long-range precision rifle, and put a few heavy rounds through the heads of the remaining enemies. Turning the difficulty up to Hard is probably a good idea: it makes the enemies hit hard enough for things to no longer become trivial, but not too much of a bulletsponge for it to become annoying.

The base game story didn't really get much changes, obviously. The story was never the problem to begin with. It's still a great story, and the voice acting and characters in it are just as amazing as ever. There are sentiments in the voice acting world that say we should hire voice actors for voice acting, not flood the already cramped market with already famous actors, but... Damn if Keanu Reeves (and now Idris Elba) do a great job.

And then you hit the DLC. It has one of the most gripping stories I've ever seen in a game. I said before, it would make an excellent movie. The twists, the characters, the choices... Everything hits just right. And yes - choices matter. The DLC has 4 major endings, which hinge on 2 major decisions. Decisions that are hard to make, because both paths are completely valid.
And the setting! Ah man, Dogtown is such an amazing place. I always loved the "futuristic decay" vibe, and Dogtown fits it so damn well. Giant, decadent monuments to opulence, abandoned and lost to time. Massive spa complexes, overrun by gangs and graffiti. It hits all the right spots. I enjoyed just running around, taking in the sights just as much as I enjoyed playing through the story.

I used to say that this game would be recommended if available on sale, but now? It's worth the price. There is a review saying that it's "great to see the game finally release after 3 years of beta!" which hits the nail on the head. If the game was released in its current state, it would be an absolute shining star of what the medium can do. And now... well, it still is - it's just that it's still €90 for a 3 year old game + DLC. Is it worth it? I'd say it is. But it's not as easy to sell to some people.

Even still... it's really, really pretty (these were all taking using the ingame photomode. Not edits):
lCB3cEe.png

HSc6IcN.png

GmzYAbS.png

vcStSOJ.png

SAaLf9V.png

dYLkAU2.png

SoZd0b6.png

fLE0lcn.png

jTckRjt.png

LO9XDlc.png

6mZ5fTh.png

ICHS07x.png

dhl80Tm.png

tXxcWH2.png

xoRhK2c.png

u9TSx6A.png

zGqTeTF.jpg

b1XoFz4.png

jJONcSD.png

L6lYBoo.jpg

Buckle up kids, it's time for me to gush about this damn game again.

For the longest time, I've always said that Mass Effect was my favorite game (series) of all time. But, after finishing another playthrough of Cyberpunk with the release of the new DLC, and the new 2.0 version, I think Cyberpunk has taken the top spot. It's good. Really, really good.

The 2.0 patch is a general update to the base game, which overhauls vast portions of the game. The skilltree has been completely overhauled, they added vehicle combat and a much better police system. They also nerfed some of the more OP playstyles, and allowed other to be more viable. All in all, it feels really well balanced - stealth is still super powerful, but it's no longer "the one". Going balls to the wall with a katana or shotgun is now also a good option.
Does that mean the game is 100% issue free? Well no, but... which game is? There are still some minor nitpicks, of course.
Stealth might no longer be the only powerful playstyle, but the game still has some areas where it's highly recommended. And while it's doable with a low stealth skill, it's a bit... goofy. "Nicely done sneaking into this compound undetected, V!" said the NPC to the gigantic, muscular, more-metal-than-flesh creature with rocketlaunchers for arms.
There are also still a few glitches. In terms of weird object behavior, I only had two instances of a car being somewhere they're not supposed to be. I also had some audio issues, mainly with sentences cutting off near the end or mouthflaps not lining up properly - but to be fair, I was running some mods that impact that area. So that may just be my own fault.

But that's merely annoyances, small issues which are really not that big of a deal, once you look at the full picture. Because the game is good.

The gameplay is great. The new updates make different playstyles fun. It was amazing to roam through an enemy camp, flinging knives at heads and watching them drop like flies. Activate the bullet-time mode, and run in with a shotgun to blast enemies point blank. Then switch out to a long-range precision rifle, and put a few heavy rounds through the heads of the remaining enemies. Turning the difficulty up to Hard is probably a good idea: it makes the enemies hit hard enough for things to no longer become trivial, but not too much of a bulletsponge for it to become annoying.

The base game story didn't really get much changes, obviously. The story was never the problem to begin with. It's still a great story, and the voice acting and characters in it are just as amazing as ever. There are sentiments in the voice acting world that say we should hire voice actors for voice acting, not flood the already cramped market with already famous actors, but... Damn if Keanu Reeves (and now Idris Elba) do a great job.

And then you hit the DLC. It has one of the most gripping stories I've ever seen in a game. I said before, it would make an excellent movie. The twists, the characters, the choices... Everything hits just right. And yes - choices matter. The DLC has 4 major endings, which hinge on 2 major decisions. Decisions that are hard to make, because both paths are completely valid.
And the setting! Ah man, Dogtown is such an amazing place. I always loved the "futuristic decay" vibe, and Dogtown fits it so damn well. Giant, decadent monuments to opulence, abandoned and lost to time. Massive spa complexes, overrun by gangs and graffiti. It hits all the right spots. I enjoyed just running around, taking in the sights just as much as I enjoyed playing through the story.

I used to say that this game would be recommended if available on sale, but now? It's worth the price. There is a review saying that it's "great to see the game finally release after 3 years of beta!" which hits the nail on the head. If the game was released in its current state, it would be an absolute shining star of what the medium can do. And now... well, it still is - it's just that it's still €90 for a 3 year old game + DLC. Is it worth it? I'd say it is. But it's not as easy to sell to some people.

Even still... it's really, really pretty (these were all taking using the ingame photomode. Not edits):
lCB3cEe.png

HSc6IcN.png

GmzYAbS.png

vcStSOJ.png

SAaLf9V.png

dYLkAU2.png

SoZd0b6.png

fLE0lcn.png

jTckRjt.png

LO9XDlc.png

6mZ5fTh.png

ICHS07x.png

dhl80Tm.png

tXxcWH2.png

xoRhK2c.png

u9TSx6A.png

zGqTeTF.jpg

b1XoFz4.png

jJONcSD.png

L6lYBoo.jpg
Well colour me impressed.
That sounds like a really good patch. You convinced me to download the game again, now I only need to find time to play it :tongue:
Did they change the vehicle handling also? I heard it was a bit wonky? (or was that just motorcycles, I might be wrong, not even sure if the game has motorcycles).
Love that the DLC has 4 different possible endings.
And those screenshots look neato.

Well colour me impressed.
That sounds like a really good patch. You convinced me to download the game again, now I only need to find time to play it :tongue:
Did they change the vehicle handling also? I heard it was a bit wonky? (or was that just motorcycles, I might be wrong, not even sure if the game has motorcycles).
Love that the DLC has 4 different possible endings.
And those screenshots look neato.
Car handling has been improved, yes. Motorcycle handling (and yes, there very much are motorcycles in the game :biggrin:) was very wonky to me, mostly because they become unmangageable when hitting a minor jump. But cars worked fine for me.

And the great benefit of the game is that you can insta-pause it :biggrin: There are only 3 cutscenes you can't skip/pause. Worked great for me whenever the kid needed attention.

Back
Top Bottom