Cyberpunk 2077

This was yesterday. Ouch.

5OsEOwB.jpg

Man, I wonder what they found to cause a three week delay. It must've been pretty fucking big, if the game was already gold, and ready to release.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Official Launch Trailer — V
Looks like the story will be pretty sad.

The game seems to be getting a lot of shit. Here's a small bug that caught my eye:

The highway advertisements say "DEBUG", however in photo mode they say what they're supposed to say:

RyPdGKY.jpeg

FDIEnwQ.jpeg

So, I've been playing it for about 5 hours now, and here are my initial thoughts:

It's good. Like, really good. Once you get settled into the way the game works, it's pretty smooth - but I had to adjust some expectations. I don't know about what you guys were hoping to get, but I figured it would be a FPS GTAV style game: open world, guns, cars, all that. But it's not.
The best game to compare it to, IMO, is WatchDogs. Sneaking, hacking, and only using guns when it's needed. It might have been the fact that my guns were weak as shit, but so far, whenever I got into a big shootout, I got absolutely destroyed. Stick to the shadows, and sneak up on the fuckers, guys.

Graphics wise, it looks stunning. The city and its looks are phenomenal, and hit that cyberpunk vibe nicely. It runs pretty smoothly on my machine too. I do have a 2070GTX, but only an i5 4400K processor, and I still manage to get a decent framerate. I'm not running on ultra, but still pretty high. One thing though: the game defaults the visual settings to have filmgrain, chromatic abberation, and motion blur to be on. The game looked a lot better after turning those off.

So far, there are two negative points, that I noticed in my very limited playtime. Yes, there are visual glitches. I've had nothing gamebreaking, only weird stuff like floating cellphones, and cars popping in through the floor during a cutscene. The other thing is the dialogue. It's not a big issue, but during conversations, you can ask additional questions for more information. After those questions, though, the conversation just continues as it was, which leads to some jarring tone shifts. It makes everything feel a bit disjointed, but it's not a real issue.

So yeah. A few minor things, but on the whole? A joy to play (so far). 9/10

So, I've been playing it for about 5 hours now, and here are my initial thoughts:

It's good. Like, really good. Once you get settled into the way the game works, it's pretty smooth - but I had to adjust some expectations. I don't know about what you guys were hoping to get, but I figured it would be a FPS GTAV style game: open world, guns, cars, all that. But it's not.
The best game to compare it to, IMO, is WatchDogs. Sneaking, hacking, and only using guns when it's needed. It might have been the fact that my guns were weak as shit, but so far, whenever I got into a big shootout, I got absolutely destroyed. Stick to the shadows, and sneak up on the fuckers, guys.

Graphics wise, it looks stunning. The city and its looks are phenomenal, and hit that cyberpunk vibe nicely. It runs pretty smoothly on my machine too. I do have a 2070GTX, but only an i5 4400K processor, and I still manage to get a decent framerate. I'm not running on ultra, but still pretty high. One thing though: the game defaults the visual settings to have filmgrain, chromatic abberation, and motion blur to be on. The game looked a lot better after turning those off.

So far, there are two negative points, that I noticed in my very limited playtime. Yes, there are visual glitches. I've had nothing gamebreaking, only weird stuff like floating cellphones, and cars popping in through the floor during a cutscene. The other thing is the dialogue. It's not a big issue, but during conversations, you can ask additional questions for more information. After those questions, though, the conversation just continues as it was, which leads to some jarring tone shifts. It makes everything feel a bit disjointed, but it's not a real issue.

So yeah. A few minor things, but on the whole? A joy to play (so far). 9/10
Great review! How's the driving?

Great review! How's the driving?
Well, I'm not looking forward to any time-sensitive driving missions, that's for sure. But it's doable.
That said, I have only driven one car, so far. Could be that the other vehicles are a lot different.

Well, I'm not looking forward to any time-sensitive driving missions, that's for sure. But it's doable.
That said, I have only driven one car, so far. Could be that the other vehicles are a lot different.
Guess I'll find out soon!

Player customization looks great!

IMtrcvn.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom