F1 Discussion 2022 Formula One World Championship

FP2 results

T4efHCR.jpeg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oof. Interesting to see that broken tire smoking a bit, after the crash.

Considerate of him to crash right in front of the camera, though :)

Mattia
It’s definitely a shame that we are talking about it in October of the following season, because at this point, apart from implications on last year’s championship, there are also implications for the current one,” he told Sky Italia. “Let’s wait until Wednesday before making a judgement but, whatever amount we are talking about, it’s important to understand that even if it is four million, which falls into the category of what is considered a minor breach, four million is not minor. “For us, four million represents the development parts for an entire season. Four million means 70 people in a technical department who can come up with and produce solutions that could be worth up to half a second a lap.

Toto
“To give you an idea, we obviously monitor closely which parts are being brought to the track from the top teams every single race – for the 2021 season and the 2022 season. “We can see that there are two top teams that are just about the same and there is another team that spends more. “We know exactly that we're spending: three and a half million a year in parts that we bring to the car. So then you can see what difference it makes to spend another $500,000. It would be a difference. “We haven't produced lightweight parts for the car in order to bring us down from a double digit overweight because we simply haven't got the money. So we need to do it for next year's car. “We can't homologate a lightweight chassis and bring it in, because it's two million more that we will be over the cap. So you can see every spend more has a performance advantage.”

True, but on the other hand...

do it
remove the cap

let those mad scientist run rampant
I wanna see flying F1 cars before I die, man.
Reminds me of the no-doping Olympics, an idea that I read about a few times. Allow ALL drugs at the Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom