Essential / Interesting YouTube channels

To steal a joke from wubby:

Jimmy is just one walk across water away from getting crucified.

Another one for the meme-tier list: Solid JJ

Fairly regular uploads, vids under 5 minutes, and I can't stop laughing at them. I don't know who's behind it (although some voices sound suspiciously like Swaggersouls), but their comedic timing is A+.

Some examples:

Anyway to bookmark threads? This one is awesome
It's the.. bookmark icon top right corner.

wf3PCUu.png

There are actually two options. I pointed out the wrong one.
You can "Watch" a thread, receive notifications about new replies, or bookmark a single post.

DesnGPJ.png

j3h7ZtB.png

WOMBLE FACE REVEAL WOMBLE FACE REVEAL

Yes, it's a 3 hour fucking essay, and it fucking broke him, apparently. Face reveal in the very final minute.
Although the fanbase are already going bonkers with conspiracy theories on how "it's just an actor", but still.

THEY'RE BACK! MOM GET THE CAMERA THEY'RE BACK!

WOMBLE FACE REVEAL WOMBLE FACE REVEAL

Yes, it's a 3 hour fucking essay, and it fucking broke him, apparently. Face reveal in the very final minute.
Although the fanbase are already going bonkers with conspiracy theories on how "it's just an actor", but still.

Still need to check both videos out, on it after work :biggrin:

Kurt is a madman, travels to the most dangerous parts of the world, while recording. He's also very friendly, fluent in Spanish/Portuguese (which helps massively in South America). He also meets beautiful women every single video for some reason. Can't really put my finger on it why the videos are so interesting to watch, but they are.

QLr7zmZ.png

Second Wind.

Fun story, behind it! See, there was this channel, called The Escapist. It was one of the Big Ones in the game media spheres, that morphed into a sizeable company. They posted reviews, discussions, podcasts, etc... They were a staple, a remainder of the Good Old Days, that managed to survive in the current world of online game reviews. Mostly, because of their weekly Zero Punctuation videos, hosted by Yahtzee, although some of their other content was wildly underappreciated.

And then they got greedy.

Their main editor/manager, Nick Calandra, realized he wasn't paid nearly enough for his contributions to the channel. So he asked for a raise (justifiably so). In response, the company promptly fired him. What followed was that almost every single employee of the company quit. Nick was beloved, he was popular. And him getting sacked was apparently for a lot of people the drop in the bucket of upper management's bullshittery.

They started their own channel, Second Wind. And it consists of all the people who left The Escapist. It's the same content, the same people, the same vibes,... It's just in a different jacket, and without corporate overlords above them.

Second Wind.

Fun story, behind it! See, there was this channel, called The Escapist. It was one of the Big Ones in the game media spheres, that morphed into a sizeable company. They posted reviews, discussions, podcasts, etc... They were a staple, a remainder of the Good Old Days, that managed to survive in the current world of online game reviews. Mostly, because of their weekly Zero Punctuation videos, hosted by Yahtzee, although some of their other content was wildly underappreciated.

And then they got greedy.

Their main editor/manager, Nick Calandra, realized he wasn't paid nearly enough for his contributions to the channel. So he asked for a raise (justifiably so). In response, the company promptly fired him. What followed was that almost every single employee of the company quit. Nick was beloved, he was popular. And him getting sacked was apparently for a lot of people the drop in the bucket of upper management's bullshittery.

They started their own channel, Second Wind. And it consists of all the people who left The Escapist. It's the same content, the same people, the same vibes,... It's just in a different jacket, and without corporate overlords above them.
Damn +400k subs already, The Esacapist is doomed. Somebody is still making content though. The comments are surprisingly respectful on the latest Escapist video.

Damn +400k subs already, The Esacapist is doomed. Somebody is still making content though. The comments are surprisingly respectful on the latest Escapist video.
Several videos have comments turned off.
And I agree with most of those polite comments - the ones at Escapist remaining aren't at fault. No need to blast them as well.

Social media conspiracy videos are ridiculously stupid, I think we can all agree. People peddling nonsense pseudoscience as gospel, with a way too confident tone.

Luckily, actual science has its own protectors. Let me show you Milo Rossi, AKA MiniMinuteMan. He's an archeology/environmental studies graduate, and made a career out of putting those idiotic conspiracies on blast. His channel has both short and long form video, with the short form just absolutely flaming idiots with basic explanations about not only why their conspiracies are stupid - they are as well.

For example:

The longer form content is also great. It's not just a quick snappy explanation of why someone is wrong, it's a detailed dive into insane theories, explaining where the false data or hypotheses come from, and then absolutely dunking on them by telling how it actually works. The main "series" dealing with this is called "awful archeology", which is only 8 episodes in, so far.
Where do the 1.7 million subs come from, then? Well, his 4 part series completely shitting all over the Netflix show "Ancient Apocalypse". Said show is an awful piece of documentary making, with "archeologist" Graham Hancock traveling the world in an attempt to prove Atlantis was real, and it was all aliens. Because of course it was.
And it's absolutely hilarious to see an actually qualified and knowledgeable person completely debunk every theory they set out in that show.

Someone in the comments described the channel as "that one hilarious professor you had, ranting about something stupid", and it fits pretty well.

I saw that "IT'S A GRID SYSTEM" video that Mave shared in the discord, and figured he'd like more stuff like that :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom