YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki is stepping down

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki is stepping down

EtvkSjc.jpeg

One of the most prominent women in tech — and one of Google’s earliest employees — is leaving the company.

YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, who has led the world’s largest video site for the last nine years, is stepping down from her role. She’ll be replaced by Neal Mohan, her longtime lieutenant.

In a letter sent to YouTube’s employees, Wojcicki said she was leaving in order to “start a new chapter focused on my family, health and personal projects I’m passionate about.”

During her tenure, YouTube became increasingly important to the business for Google, which bought the site in 2006, and Alphabet, the holding company that houses both of them: In 2022, YouTube generated $29.2 billion in ad sales — more than 10 percent of Alphabet’s total revenue.

Source and more: https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/re...youtube-ceo-susan-wojcicki-leaving-neal-mohan

She probably couldn’t figure out how to fit more commercials into a 10 minute video.

Can the next CEO please:
  • Bring back dislikes
  • Ah who am I kidding, a new CEO won't bring many changes probably.

She probably couldn’t figure out how to fit more commercials into a 10 minute video.

Can the next CEO please:
  • Bring back dislikes
  • Ah who am I kidding, a new CEO won't bring many changes probably.
Oh you sweet naive child.

The new CEO is already known! It's the guy who made the dislikes disappear in the first place!

And the guy who implemented the Shorts function.

And who is planning to implement a whole NFT structure on the site.

Oh you sweet naive child.

The new CEO is already known! It's the guy who made the dislikes disappear in the first place!

And the guy who implemented the Shorts function.

And who is planning to implement a whole NFT structure on the site.
Great so we're actually off worse...

Back
Top Bottom