What are your favourite movie quotes?

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Please also include the movie title.
Code:
[quote author=MOVIE]QUOTE[/quote]

Mine are:

[quote author=Henry in Goodfellas]One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect. [/quote]

[quote author=Henry in Goodfellas]For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster. To me that was better than being president of the United States. To be a gangster was to own the world. [/quote]

[quote author=Jules in Pulp Fiction]The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee. [/quote]

[quote author=The Joker in The Dark Knight Rises]I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger.[/quote]

[quote author=The Joker in The Dark Knight Rises]Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was… a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that. Not-one-bit. So – me watching – he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, “why so serious, son?” Comes at me with the knife… “Why so serious?” He sticks the blade in my mouth… “Let’s put a smile on that face!” And…Why so serious?[/quote]

[quote author=Tony Montana in Scarface]In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. [/quote]

"You may kill me but you must never insult me! Who am I? [Beckett looks confused] ...I'm Captain Jack Sparrow!"

-Jack Sparrow-

^ That quote simply gives me goosebumps.

EDIT:

[quote author=Elwood in The Blues Brothers]It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses. Jake: Hit it.[/quote]

[quote author=Verbal in The Usual Suspects]And like that, he was gone[/quote]

[quote author=Jaques Mesrine in Mesrine]Dehors ou mort[/quote]
(French film about France's public enemy #1. Means "Get out or die," he says it first when he lands in jail for the third time and makes plans to escape for the third time.)

[quote author=King Theoden in The Two Towers]Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this? [/quote]

[quote author=Gimli in The Two Towers]He was twitching because he's got my axe embedded in his nervous system![/quote]

[quote author=Treebeard in The Two Towers]There is no curse in elvish, entish or the tongues of men for this treachery. My business is with Isengard tonight. With a rock and stone. Rárum-rum! Come my friends. The ents are going to war. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last march of the ents.[/quote]

[quote author=Gimli in The Return Of The King]That still only counts as one![/quote]

Yes I like The Lord Of The Rings very much, get over it. This is by far my favorite scene ever:
[quote author=King Theoden in The Return Of The King]Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! DEATH! Forth, Eorlingas! [/quote]

You really have to see it to feel it's power.
EmTz7EAYLrs[/media]]

Back
Top Bottom