Ubisoft now interrupts gameplay by showing pop up advertisements

According to Ubisoft execs, this was "a technical glitch", and wasn't supposed to go live. But the fact that they still actually made this crap is already discomforting as all hell.

This is Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which is an older game. The ad was for another AC game, and advertising other games in the same series is something they already do. However, that is usually just a banner ad in the game's main menu - mostly for the latest game in the series, or to promote some sale going on. Is that also a bit disgusting? Yeah, I guess.

Is this just the natural evolution of those banner ads? Was it just Ubisoft going "well, users don't mind those, so let's bump it up a notch", and then quickly backtracked when they saw the feedback was not as they expected, but rather the more appropriate "what the fuck is this"? That'll be my guess, at least.

According to Ubisoft execs, this was "a technical glitch", and wasn't supposed to go live. But the fact that they still actually made this crap is already discomforting as all hell.

This is Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which is an older game. The ad was for another AC game, and advertising other games in the same series is something they already do. However, that is usually just a banner ad in the game's main menu - mostly for the latest game in the series, or to promote some sale going on. Is that also a bit disgusting? Yeah, I guess.

Is this just the natural evolution of those banner ads? Was it just Ubisoft going "well, users don't mind those, so let's bump it up a notch", and then quickly backtracked when they saw the feedback was not as they expected, but rather the more appropriate "what the fuck is this"? That'll be my guess, at least.
Glitch my ass. They intentionally programmed that shit.

Back
Top Bottom