Twitter since Elon Musk became owner

Aged like milk.

DApZFMx.jpeg

Elon’s first email to Twitter employees:

Sorry that this is my first email to the whole company, but there is no way to sugarcoat the message.

Frankly, the economic picture ahead is dire, especially for a company like ours that is so dependent on advertising in a challenging economic climate. Moreover, 70% of our advertising is brand, rather than specific performance, which makes us doubly vulnerable!

That is why the priority over the past ten days has been to develop and launch Twitter Blue Verified subscriptions (huge props to the team!). Without significant subscription revenue, there is a good chance Twitter will not survive the upcoming economic downturn. We need roughly half of our revenue to be subscription.

Of course, we will still then be significantly reliant on advertising, so I am spending time with our sales & partnerships teams to ensure that Twitter continues to be appealing to advertisers.

The road ahead is arduous and will require intense work to succeed. We are also changing Twitter policy such that remote work is no longer allowed, unless you have a specific exception. Managers will send the exceptions lists to me for review an approval.

Starting tomorrow (Thursday), everyone is required to be in the office for a minimum of 40 hours per week. Obviously, if you are physically unable to travel to an office or have a critical personal obligation, then your absence is understandable.

I look forward to working with you to take Twitter to a whole new level. The potential is truly incredible!

Thanks, Elon

"I am very smart"

jkQbFJ6.png
"Did you hear that?"
"Did I hear what?"
"That sound... It sounded like... Like a giant slap, followed by a weird mix of wailing and cheering, and then as if a thousand mirrors broke at the same time."
"Oh, Elon Musk tweeted again"
"He what?"
"Yeah, every time he does, all the software engineers in the world collectively react."
"What"
"Yeah. First, a massive face-palm. That's the slapping sound. Then, they all collectively go through either jubilation or despair."
"They - why?"
"Well, jubilation because they're vindicated. All those years warning about ridiculous managers and incompetent leads. Or it's despair, that people that thick are actually in control"
"I mean - okay. And the shattering?"
"Oh, that's the sound of a million hearts, breaking all at once for the remaining devs at Twitter."

"Did you hear that?"
"Did I hear what?"
"That sound... It sounded like... Like a giant slap, followed by a weird mix of wailing and cheering, and then as if a thousand mirrors broke at the same time."
"Oh, Elon Musk tweeted again"
"He what?"
"Yeah, every time he does, all the software engineers in the world collectively react."
"What"
"Yeah. First, a massive face-palm. That's the slapping sound. Then, they all collectively go through either jubilation or despair."
"They - why?"
"Well, jubilation because they're vindicated. All those years warning about ridiculous managers and incompetent leads. Or it's despair, that people that thick are actually in control"
"I mean - okay. And the shattering?"
"Oh, that's the sound of a million hearts, breaking all at once for the remaining devs at Twitter."
True poetry.

Back
Top Bottom