Twitch leak: source code, hashed passwords, payouts,...

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Mirroring what @Stybar shared in the discord.

Time to change your Twitch password guys! Fortunately all of my passwords are unique.

Top 100 highest paid Twitch streamers from August 2019 - October 2021

p78X4SM.png

Honestly, some of those numbers surprise me.

And yeah, it sucks to be a dev at Twitch right now. The entire codebase leaked? That's some defcon 0 type panicmode.

Honestly, some of those numbers surprise me.

And yeah, it sucks to be a dev at Twitch right now. The entire codebase leaked? That's some defcon 0 type panicmode.
Speaking about numbers, I do wonder (have wondered) multiple times about how to "convert" between EU wages and US wages. Often I see someone post (on Reddit for example) that they're starting to make 6 numbers (meaning +100k/year). That should be at least half in EU/Belgian money right? I mean they don't have cheap health insurance, schools cost a buckload, dental plans,... 100k in "Belgian" money sounds just insane.

Health insurance and other stuff is not cheap, no. As for the rest, it'll depend on where you live. A lot of streamers live in LA/California, where taxes are pretty high. Still lower than in BE, but a lot of streamers are moving to Texas or Nevada, where taxes are a lot lower.

Those numbers are insane, but need to be relativized. Those numbers are for 2 years. They are before taxes and other expenses. A lot of those streamers have a dedicated team of moderators and editors that they pay a living wage. They also have to spend money on equipment and other stuff. PMW, for example, had a price show where the main prize was a friggen' Audi R8. The #1, Critical Role, seems ridiculous pulling in nearly 10mil in 2 years. But, they are 8 people, and they have an entire organization behind them.
It is also worth noting that these people make this amount of money for a short while. Their careers are bound to be shortlived. If they are still pulling these numbers in 10 years, I'll be very impressed.

That's devil's advocate, though. They make, frankly, a fucking ridiculous amount of money for what they do. xQc made several millions because he screams at his monitor? Dude is living the dream.

That's devil's advocate, though. They make, frankly, a fucking ridiculous amount of money for what they do. xQc made several millions because he screams at his monitor? Dude is living the dream.
Perfectly summarized.

Remember that this is only what Twitch pays, so donations, bits, Twitch contracts or money from sponsored streams are not included. The actual amount these streamers get must be insane.

Remember that this is only what Twitch pays, so donations, bits, Twitch contracts or money from sponsored streams are not included. The actual amount these streamers get must be insane.
I completely forgot about that, their actual earnings might be triple of what's reported above...

Back
Top Bottom