The Life Pro Tips / Life Hacks Thread

Problem spooning icecream out of a tub because it's frozen? Put the spoon in the microwave for 2 minutes on 1000W and you're good!
dont do this it'll kill you

If you are away from news for a while and want to catch up search "[month] [year]" in Wikipedia. This will give you all the major world news for that month

Have an article on a webite split into many parts? If there's an option to print the article, it will open it up in a new window with the full article.

Always use the custom installation option when installing software
For hidden third party toolbars, programs, etc

Permanent marker can be removed from white boards by going over the markings with an erasable marker.

When house/apartment hunting, drive by at night.
Discover:
- What the parking situation is more likely to be.
- How safe you'll feel walking to/from your new place at night.
- etc

Put a sticker with a fake PIN number on your debit card. Make the numbers hard to read. If you lose it and someone tries to use it (3+ times) the terminal will lock your account and eat the card

When traveling abroad, adjust your name to the local language to make introducing yourself easier and less awkward
When I was in Birmingham and meeting a lot of new people I told them my name was Matt, not Matthias.

RtYMMMV.jpg

Need to test a printer? Print the Google homepage - has all the colors, uses almost no ink.

Put your wet sponge in the microwave for 2 minutes to kill 99% of bacteria.

When driving over speed bumps/railroad tracks let off on the brakes just before contact to bring your vehicle's nose up and lessen the impact

Keep a folded up bill between your phone and case for extreme emergencies

Q8Cihkg.jpg

Mave said:
Permanent marker can be removed from white boards by going over the markings with an erasable marker.
A little bit of alcohol or methanol on a piece of cloth works even better.

Back
Top Bottom