The Grand Tour [2016-...]

That's what a massive budget does, I guess...
Also, didn't the trio take most of the editing crew with them to Amazon?

That's what a massive budget does, I guess...
Also, didn't the trio take most of the editing crew with them to Amazon?
That might explain a lot.. not sure on that one though.

New episode tomorrow!

Just finished watching S03E02, the first part of the Colombia special.
I do wonder what the truth is behind shots like these:

MKy7c7N.jpg

Sure looks like the guys themselves are driving on these dodgy bridges. But surely Amazon tested these before the guys got on it?

Just finished watching S03E02, the first part of the Colombia special.
I do wonder what the truth is behind shots like these:

MKy7c7N.jpg

Sure looks like the guys themselves are driving on these dodgy bridges. But surely Amazon tested these before the guys got on it?
Also: YES, there are villages in Colombia that have sexual relationships with donkeys...
That was information I didn't even want to know, thanks Jeremy!!

I guess someone drives over before the guys do, and I suppose they also have a shitload of safety guys.
I don't know about how TGT works, but I've seen a reality show being taped, and it was not completely staged. They find something interesting, then get the camera's and show it again, pretending to react for the first time again.

I guess someone drives over before the guys do, and I suppose they also have a shitload of safety guys.
I don't know about how TGT works, but I've seen a reality show being taped, and it was not completely staged. They find something interesting, then get the camera's and show it again, pretending to react for the first time again.
The fact that we don't know what is staged and what's not is actually a good thing. I remember in the first season you could tell that EVERYTHING was scripted.

LOOK at this magnificent screenshot from S03E03

JKU2Z5o.jpg

S03E04 certainly was amusing to watch and it wasn't a bad episode, but the shooting from their cars part was.. unnecessary and too obviously fake and scripted. Besides that it's a descent episode. Just skip the shooting bit. Looking forward to S03E05 this Friday!

I'm so glad S03E05 turned out to be much more like S03E01, I needed that after the last episode.

Gotta love their "special designed ice race track".

Y26IiXk.png

The bit with the Urus was great btw.

Love this shot of the Jim Clark bit:

Ikjdv0Q.png

Saw SE3E06 this morning.

There are some really neat shots of China. A lot of them quality for wallpaper material.

xOds23c.jpg

n7ePci2.jpg

A train going through a building:

qBz82lU.jpg

The bit with the drones fitted with flamethrowers was awesome.

VDNoDa6.jpg

That electronic car: the NIO EP9, looks and drives insane.

LUwMonn.png

Gotta love the Chinese highway signs.

9Bl3R8c.jpg

The cameras taking pictures constantly on all the roads are actually frightening.

Best quote of the episode

fzR4TcB.jpg

Really solid episode overall.

S03E07 is an amusing episode, but nothing really stands out imo.

There sure are some good quotes though:

8catkaR.jpg

S03E08 is an RV special, pretty entertaining episode! No tent business, only the gang with RVs.

The buggy bit looked really fun, they got some serious air.

bDeRrzC.jpg

That Jeep is a monster, <2 seconds to 100km/h.

6ogkNqs.jpg

Loved this shot.

EHz4u9f.jpg

As well as the ending shot.

otJNCym.jpg

S03E11 is another fun road trip, this time from Georgia to Azerbaijan.
Imo one of the best episodes this season.

Favorite quote:

4UiVlmW.jpg

Wallpaper material:

qiUV5zl.jpg

S03E12 actually features two mini documentaries, one about the glory days of Lancia, and one of the Porsche 917.
The 917 was a goddamn masterpiece.

866yDGP.jpg

n2fnc7s.jpg

tSPMXGE.jpg

S03E13 is a Mongolia special. Watched it halfway last night. Favorite bit so far:

cPg2Vv7.jpg

p51TbPP.jpg

oUOsMcn.jpg

S03E14 hit me right in the feels with Jeremy announcing the end of The Grand Tour..

nGOhYhZ.jpg

I was extremely relieved when they revealed it was only the end of the audience/tent part. S4 is still coming!

The episode in general had me thinking "Crap, it's gonna be only Ford" at first, but I was pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed the entire mini-documentary about Ford in the UK. The compilation of the three musketeers at the end was also really well done.

Somehow I completely missed the new trailer!

I'm not even angry it's not about cars.

Back
Top Bottom